Dear all,

Hi...
I am Indonesian who is working as hotelier in Bali. I plan to move to Canada for the working. My job tittle is Executive Housekeeper. Should you have any information about that, kindly share it to me. Or if any info for migration way to do, help me please.

Thanks,
Wayan.

KANAYA wrote:

Hi...
I am Indonesian who is working as hotelier in Bali. I plan to move to Canada for the working. My job tittle is Executive Housekeeper. Should you have any information about that, kindly share it to me. Or if any info for migration way to do, help me please.

Thanks,
Wayan.

Hi and welcome to EB.

Whilst waiting oft others to answer, you should start reading through the many posts on the Canada forum for information.

If you are job hunting then I would suggest you send your CV/resumé directly to major hotels. You can usually find their websites by doing a Google search, many of the websites allow you to send your CV directly through the site.

You should also try some of the job search websites like www.monster.ca  and   www.workopolis.com. Just remember that in cities like Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver it is going to be considerably harder to find jobs due to the large number of applicants, both newcomers to Canada and unemployed local residents. You might consider cities like Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax.

Cheers,
James          Expat-blog Experts Team

There'll be a new system - the "Express Entry" in place for next year. So whatever's being shared here in Expat.com or other immigration forums will typically not be updated with information regarding this new process.

There 2 ways to go about doing it. One is by applying for a job directly to any Hotels based here in Canada or the other is by applying for a PR directly. If you chose the later, I personally would advice that you go through a good immigration lawyer.

As to the former, I would agree with James that its harder to find jobs in the main cities because of competition. And I tend to notice that for the expats in the hoteling industry here in Canada, I noticed more of Filipinos and Caribbeans. Rarely noticed any Indonesians though. But that shouldn't stop you :)

Semoga berjaya dalam ikhtiar ingin bekerja di Kanada.

Dear both of you,
Wellnoted and thank you very much for kind of advice.
Any how, do you have any recommended immigration lawyer for me?

Salam,
Wayan

Actually you can get a list of recommendation from the Law Society in any province that you may be interested in residing in. You can check out the Canadian Bar Association website at

http://www.cba.org/cba/info/faq/law_society.aspx