Is there an Immigration office in Quang Ninh province?

Good morning:

when I asked an agent via chat, the answer was that the price is changing daily
Okay, so it will be a lot more than the initial 3 months' re-entry Visa.  :blink:

Hope you won't resent so many newbie questions:

* Is there a EMS service to mail the passport to an agent?
* Could I go to an Immigration office myself - ideally in Quảng Ninh province?
* Can someone recommend an agency for this?

Thank you. Hope you will have a good weekend!

Chris

There is an Immigration Office in most every province. If you go there, with more than just a visa extension, they will likely deal with you direct.

However, if you just want a straight visa extension they will recommend their `friends` who can do this for one hell of a fee.

EMS - the Post Office registered/express service - does not cover the lesser populated provinces. Post Offices can suggest slower alternatives with recorded delivery.

Jaitch, thank you for another helpful answer!

Care to define "straight"? The $ 155 fee I was quoted for a 3 months extension in Hanoi is way more than the Visa itself cost. (TBH, I'm having the blues and feel depressed about the job & the miserable life I lead). Can't even get paid for the many times I filled up motorcycles. At some point,I don't want to deal with b.s. and hate lying and liars. Getting a group of total beginners for an IELTS class is not just absurd but also unethical.

Unless anyone knows a better deal in Hanoi, I'd like to spread the news: a new 3 months Visa is way cheaper!!

Jaitch wrote:

There is an Immigration Office in most every province. If you go there, with more than just a visa extension, they will likely deal with you direct.

However, if you just want a straight visa extension they will recommend their `friends` who can do this for one hell of a fee.

EMS - the Post Office registered/express service - does not cover the lesser populated provinces. Post Offices can suggest slower alternatives with recorded delivery.

They wouldn't make an exception and pocket the high fee themselves? Got a rush job - am thinking of sending the passport by bus to My Dinh...

Would plan B work? Going to the airport and paying the Immigration there? They must be the most knowledgeable ones after SGN airport's crew, based on the number of foreigneers they deal with...

Thanks,
Chris

I can get you any visa you want, 100% legal direct from the government, so its Authentic message me, no crazy fee's either, Im not a travel agent, I deal dirrectly no third party b.s.

Cheers, PM sent.
Something odd though is the need to do all this in HCMC or Hanoi. Does anyone know if this is true and correct? Why do they have Immigration offices in the provinces if those cannot grant extensions?!?

Chris

Any immigration office can handle extensions - they all use the same computer system in Ha Noi. There is no need to lose control of your passport for such a long period.

The only difference is the amount they charge for bribes service fees.

Jaitch wrote:

Any immigration office can handle extensions - they all use the same computer system in Ha Noi. There is no need to lose control of your passport for such a long period.

The only difference is the amount they charge for bribes service fees.

Blody hell! Sending the passport by bus to Hanoi, then paying more than was said over the phone... Now I'm worried about these people not doing it => $ 30 a day fine.

Why am I hearing that this can be only done in the 2 major cities?! (Rhetorical question, I trust your answer and it makes perfect sense. Why bother with Immigration Departments if those cannot handle stuff like that)

You are getting sucked in by grubby commercial ventures trying to steal your money.

Every provincial government is a carbon copy of each other - they looooove duplicating functions and offices. Makes them feel big.

Ask any decent sized hotel and they will likely have the address of the local Immigration Office.

You should keep in touch with your provincial government by visiting: http://www.quangninh.gov.vn/en-US/Pages/Home.aspx.

The provincial government address is:
The People's Committee of Quang Ninh Province
Office complex 2, Nguyen Van Cu Street, Hong Ha Ward
Ha Long City, Quang Ninh Province
Email: [email protected]

Hai Phong Tourism < http://www.haiphongtourism.gov.vn/ > can also assist you. Go to < http://www.haiphongtourism.gov.vn/contact.html > and send them a message. They have a busy Immigration Office as they handle visiting sailors.

You are lucky to be in that area of VN, make the most of it! From Ha Long City up to the Chinese border and also to the seaward area there are some very famous monuments and buildings that few Foreigners get to visit.

Thanks again, Jaitch!

At the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok,an employee demanded a way higher amount for a B-Visa. I later learned that he had pocketed $ xx himself. And at a border, the officers have a habit of demanding tea money from foreigners, while there is a big sign stating the price of a T-Visa in US Dollars.

They don't want to deal with Joe Public. They only deal with approved (travel??) agents? For a Visa on arrival, one had to pay for an invitation letter or something. Thus my assumption that a similar monopoly exists when it comes to Visa extensions.

Okay, so they charge $ 80 more, or whatever goes down. But can one get at least the service?? Are you absolutely sure that they won't just turn me away? (I'll bring an interpreter)

My employer has a van and time to do such a trip (or two or three). I asked them to - and they insisted, it has to be done in Hanoi or HCMC. ** Next time, I'll pay for the trip but get someone to take me there!  :idontagree:

hs0zfe wrote:

At the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok,an employee demanded a way higher amount for a B-Visa. I later learned that he had pocketed $ xx himself. And at a border, the officers have a habit of demanding tea money from foreigners, while there is a big sign stating the price of a T-Visa in US Dollars.

Anyone who wants 'over the rate' can be handled by demanding an official receipt. The Cambo Consul (the actual Consul) tried that with me a couple of years ago and when I asked for an official receipt he suddenly found he owed me change.

REMEMBER, it is ILLEGAL to demand payment, in VietNam, in any currency than DONG. This includes the government. It is also illegal to advertise using anything other than Dong.

Vendors have to give at least the change that is owed. And candy (sweets) is not currency.