Hyphenated name in e-visa application

Hello, I'm getting my e-visa application denied because they are saying my name is incorrect and doesn't match my passport. My last name and middle name both have hyphens.

As an example, if my name is Abby Grace-Anne Lewis-Smith.

This is the name that was rejected "Abby GraceAnne Lewis Smith." Then I put "Abby Grace Anne Lewis Smith" and I am still waiting for a response.

Does anyone have experience with this? If there are any local agencies that can help with this, I am willing to throw money at it to get a visa asap. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hello, I'm getting my e-visa application denied because they are saying my name is incorrect and doesn't match my passport. My last name and middle name both have hyphens.
As an example, if my name is Abby Grace-Anne Lewis-Smith.

This is the name that was rejected "Abby GraceAnne Lewis Smith." Then I put "Abby Grace Anne Lewis Smith" and I am still waiting for a response.

Does anyone have experience with this? If there are any local agencies that can help with this, I am willing to throw money at it to get a visa asap. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
-@kayteeinthebay

Hello kayteeinthebay, and welcome to expat.com.

How is your name spelt on the ICAO line of your passport? (bottom of passport info page)

My name is hyphenated and I have not had a problem. Why would you have two hyphens in your name?

My name is hyphenated and I have not had a problem.
-@Ed Howard Williams

I'm curious as to the ICAO line on your passport info page. Does it retain the hyphen?

I know that Irish surnames containing an apostrophe (eg. O'Brien)  drop the apostrophe on that ICAO line.

Your other option would be to google e visa application for vietnam.  I did this and a few agencies popped up.  On my CIAO line on my passport started with my Surname.

good luck

@kayteeinthebay

What was the solve?  Running into the same issue.

@kayteeinthebayWhat was the solve?  Running into the same issue.        -@DMcGuire101

Hello DMcGuire, and welcome to expat.com.

The member kayteeinthebay has not been active since their single/only post asking for assistance.

Nor have we had a reply from member Ed Howard Williams, who's name is also hyphenated, when asked about their passport information page.(Link to post #4 in this thread)

Tell me, please, on the bottom of your passport info page is the hyphen retained?

We'd very much appreciate hearing back from you on this (Link), as your solution would be of great help to others facing similar difficulty in submitting their eVisa application.

If my name is Sally-Anne and as shown on my passport ,how do I enter on Vietnam e visa which doesnt allow for hyphens.Is it SALLYANNE or SALLY ANNE...?

Can anyone help me here?

If my name is Sally-Anne and as shown on my passport ,how do I enter on Vietnam e visa which doesnt allow for hyphens.Is it SALLYANNE or SALLY ANNE...?Can anyone help me here?        -@sally nig

Hello sally nig. Welcome to the forum.

How are your names spelled on the bottom of your passport information page? (ICAO characters)

Does it show as

P<AUSLASTNAME<<SALLYANNE<<<<<<<,

P<AUSLASTNAME<<SALLY ANNE<<<<<<<,

or as

P<AUSLASTNAME<<SALLY<ANNE<<<<<<< ?

If you have a middle name showing on your passport, it will follow "ANNE" as ...ANNE<MIDDLENAME<<<<<<<

We've not had much feedback from members with the same question, as evidenced by the preceding comments in this thread. It would be great if you could let us know.

Once again, welcome aboard expat.com.

Thank you for your prompt reply...it was your site that indicated the format of the icao shows the correct way to enter my  first name on the visa e appplication....

My passport shows P<AUSLASTNAME<<SALLY<ANNE<<<<<

From this, I beleive I enter my name on the visa as SALLY ANNE...with a space...would you agree ?

Thank you for your prompt reply...it was your site that indicated the format of the icao shows the correct way to enter my  first name on the visa e appplication....My passport shows P<AUSLASTNAME<<SALLY<ANNE<<<<<From this, I beleive I enter my name on the visa as SALLY ANNE...with a space...would you agree ?        -@sally nig

100% agree.

I'm very happy to hear that you found the forum helpful!

Also, a BIG THANK YOU for letting us know how hyphenated names are notated on passports!

Once you've arrived in VN, it would be great to hear reports of your experiences/impressions. :)

Don't hesitate to ask further questions should they arise, jump in to any of our other threads, or to open a new topic of your own for discussion. Nice to have you with us.

*worth mentioning to casual readers of the forum, though the eVisa application asks for

Given name * (singular), the applicant must show a second/middle name if one appears on the bottom of the passport's ICAO info page. Vietnamese does not have a plural, so read "Given name" as "Given names"

I am very impressed and grateful with your attention in replying to the posts...Well done !!