Change tourist visa to work visa in Vietnam

Is it possible to change tourist visa to work visa in Vietnam

@kuwachatawanda Hello and Welcome !

Please note that I have moved your thread to the Vietnam forum so that members can guide you.

What are your qualifications please ? What job will you be looking for ?

All the best

Bhavna

Is it possible to change tourist visa to work visa in Vietnam
-@kuwachatawanda

Yes

@Bhavna I have a bachelors degree in Education

Perhaps I am being pedantic, but is the question "if I am in Vietnam on a tourist Visa, can I apply and receive a work visa?" as I think a Visa is never changed (even if the issuer made a mistake) - it is just replaced?

Perhaps I am being pedantic, but is the question "if I am in Vietnam on a tourist Visa, can I apply and receive a work visa?"

Following your pedantic lead "No, you cannot" :)

...as I think a Visa is never changed (even if the issuer made a mistake) - it is just replaced?
-@noddi

Correct you are. A work permit supersedes a tourist visa.

Important to differentiate the difference between a work permit, and a work visa.

An LD visa (work visa) is issued to a foreigner who has not yet arrived in Vietnam. It is affixed to a page in their passport, and grants entry through Vietnam customs/immigration checkpoints. It is available only after the employer procures the work permit.

Here is an example of a Vietnam LD visa (work visa)

work-visa.png

A Work Permit is granted to a foreigner who has been hired by a local Vietnam employer.

Here is an example of a Work Permit.

work-permit.png

Both LD visas, and Work Permits are applied for by the employer(not by the foreigner).

(edit; this is to the best of my understanding. If wrong, I'd be very happy to be corrected)

Perhaps I am being pedantic, but is the question "if I am in Vietnam on a tourist Visa, can I apply and receive a work visa?" as I think a Visa is never changed (even if the issuer made a mistake) - it is just replaced?
-@noddi

So maybe yes to "EXchanged"? 😉