Travel Koh Kong by motorbike

Hi guys, I d like travel Koh Kong by motorbike, is it ok, easy and cheap ??
I want to go Kirirom National Park and Tatai waterfall for first day, overnight in guest house and visit Peam Krasoap on second day.
So, the itinerary is ok ?? Anybody suggest any cheap and clean guesthouse for me ??
Thank you ;)

Dangerous to travel by motorbike... just be careful.  You might be careful but you dont know the other riders and drivers.

I advice take a bus or van.or car.

I still want to go there by motorbike bcz I want to go Kirirom National Park on the way to Koh Kong. And my friend dont want to go by motorbike ;(
Anyone want to go with me ??

No one is excited with this .. so .. i have to cancel ;( but i still want to go there ..

Fiona Doan wrote:

No one is excited with this .. so .. i have to cancel ;( but i still want to go there ..

I don't know about that particular route, but I've just come back from a trip through Cambodia by motorbike, and I can recommend it. Yes, it is dangerous, but not as dangerous as in Vietnam, there is much less traffic. On the plus side, there is so much more to see if you're on a bike, we've made numerous stops and encounters that we never would have made on a bus trip.
But you're right, you shouldn't go alone :-(

Kurterino wrote:
Fiona Doan wrote:

I don't know about that particular route, but I've just come back from a trip through Cambodia by motorbike, and I can recommend it. Yes, it is dangerous, but not as dangerous as in Vietnam, there is much less traffic. On the plus side, there is so much more to see if you're on a bike, we've made numerous stops and encounters that we never would have made on a bus trip.
But you're right, you shouldn't go alone :-(

thanks for your advice ;) i hope i have a nice partner to go there .. i dont want to go alone ;)

If you want to travel that road, which is mountainous, poorly repaired, steep, badly graded, etc. be sure to carry your own complete first aid kit, as you will surely need it. As there are NO hospitals near by, and no police to patrol the roads, if you go over the side, you will likely remain there for a while. Also, carry tools to change a tire, and a flat repair kit, tire pump etc.
Best advice - DO NOT travel this road alone - only with an experienced rider. It is a very bad idea - Don't be a fool! Take a car!

Is this a deserted area, with no villages at all? Otherwise, no need for repair kits of any kind, any village will have at least one bike workshop who will gladly repair your bike for a few dollars (my experience, for two people on two very old bikes over 1500 km in Vietnam and Cambodia: one flat tire, one broken clutch, 2 electrical problems: a total of less than 40$ in repair costs, and we never had to push our bikes farther than 1 km). Our "trick" was to get two Honda Cubs, those models were extremely successful, so it is very easy to find parts everywhere (when my clutch went, the workshop where we stopped had another one lying around in the back, charged me 25$ for parts and labour, and I guess that was the 'white boy price', since it only took him about an hour).

As for accidents, that's something I can't deny, this is a risk I was constantly aware and afraid of. Again, I don't know about that particular route, but I've driven from Vietnam to Phom Pen and then to Kep, and I can't say that Cambodia was particularly dangerous to drive, there was very little traffic compared to Vietnam, and I always felt quite relaxed on the road. One advice: check the rearview mirrors of your bike. Most locals don't give sh* about them and quite often even remove them, but I found it quite reassuring to be able to know what's coming from behind...

The road from Route 4 to koh Kong has some small villes, but lots of long stretches with nothing. Lots of steep upgrades and downgrades, some with banking the wrong way, some with stretches of loose gravel, some with huge potholes. It all depends on whether the road crews have been out, and how well they do their job. Still, it's 200km or more, and not easy. I've done it on a Harley, in a car, in a truck and in a bus. a car is the best way.