Looking to self some things I don't need, where to post except here?

Hey there Expat.com  :) Unfortunately the IBS university didn't turn out to be really great and the ruble fell too steeply and that ruined my budget so I'm pulling the plug after the first semester and moving back to Moscow to study german so I could apply to Austria and Germany next year.
But, I have already bought a guitar and a PC monitor which I would really like to sell because otherwise I'll just have to leave them at the flat as a present for the next tenant. I know I can post classifieds here but I'd be glad if you could probably point to some other places specific to hungary or budapest where I could post an ad.
Thanks in advance, folks :)

Hi,

Sorry to hear it did not work out. Sharing your experience might help others avoid the same pitfalls!

Regarding selling stuff, I'd try on the school bulletin boards first, as that's the environment you have the most familiarity with.
Posting on an auction site (like vatera.hu) or an ad (like expressz.hu) carries more risk of getting ripped off.

Are you sure you can't take them home with you?
Or leave them with a friend so you can swing by and pick them up from Germany?

You could try, vatera.hu to re sale your items.
It's a kind of craigslist for Hungary.
There is a craigslist in Hungary as well.
Vatera is all written in Hungarian so you might need someone to help you post an add.
We bought an item on vatera in the past and there was no problems.

let us know where you post for the guitar and monitor.

Another idea is the swapmeet, boot sale at the city park.
Think it costs 1,500 forints to be a selling inside, maybe less for a spot outside the main area.
You can sell a few other small items if you have them, find a buyer that can see your stuff in person.
They are held just about every Sat. and Sun inside the small stage, concert area in the middle of the city park, Hours are something like from 7 am to 2pm. Only cost 150 forints for people to enter to see your stuff.

Hi there is a Facebook page called 'Used stuff for sale Budapest' it has a huge amount of members and therefore a good reach. Good luck.

Was thinking maybe you could also try going back to the music shop where you bought the equipment and see if they will buy it back for resale.If not there are many other music stores around.
A pawn shop is another option.They are called, Zaloghaz.