South africans in australia (Queensland ) ??

hi, looking for fellow south africans in australia to correspond with . i am here three weeks on my own, in queensland,
would love to hear from any south africans, for tips, advice, and company, to get over the transisition.  :idontagree:

Hello merc21 and welcome to Expat.com :)

Hope that some Saffas in Queensland will contact you soon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

merc21 wrote:

hi, looking for fellow south africans in australia to correspond with . i am here three weeks on my own, in queensland,
would love to hear from any south africans, for tips, advice, and company, to get over the transisition.  :idontagree:

Hoe gaan dit and welcome to the forum...

Try this website. It has contact details for many saffa clubs and communities www.sabona.com.au

There is one on the sunshine coast www.saaussies.net  Japs Van Rensburg 
His phone number can be found on the 2 websites I gave you.

hi stumpy..howzit howit..!  thank you for your reply and your info.  fantasties!  where are you from?  how long you been here?  i will be sure to check out and try conect as much as possible.  i start a new job on monday at fraser island so will be moving to the island on monday...where about are you?

Hi merc21

I am not a saffa but have worked with them in Afghanistan, South Sudan and Ethiopia. Great guys and solid when the s##t hits the fan.
I live in Laos.
Hope you find good friends to hook up with on the websites I gave you. 

Sterkte

hi stumpy..ok no worries...you were in afghanistan..what did you do there?

I was employed on road construction projects there for USAID

ow wow...i see from your profile you have traveled and worked quite a bit..you must have a few stories to tell..when you gonna come home and settle down?  whch is your best country you worked in?

All places I worked in werte great but best of all was Laos as that was where I met my wife....
No chance of heading home and settling down. Work overseas to pay the bills and head home to Laos for leave breaks.

Am in Oz now job hunting

ow wow...okay so you prefer overseas work...so you in aus jub hunting does tht mean overseas work..how long are you normally gone for on these contracts? do you take your wife with you?  where about do you stay in aus?

I look for overseas work but also work in Oz at jobs which have time on time off and then I can fly home to see family. 

Have never taken family with me as I have worked in conflict zones and remote areas and so go on single status with flights home on a regular basis covered by employer. Work contacts from 6 months to 2 years in length.

ow ok i see...so your family stay in their native laos.  so you need those long live in jobs, where you work, like six months on one month off..ok i understand.

Hi,Hope you well. I came across this webiste, probably like many others have too, to try to converse with ex pats from SA on what it is like in Oz. I understand if you not up to it, I guess you get these requests all the time, but would be interesting to chat and find out what life is like down under.Would love to hear from you. CheersMarco

Hi Marco.  Where I am. The people are very laid back. Very chilled. It seems they dont have a care in the world. How is joburg these days. Its summer here and thr weather ia very warm.

I am eager to visit Australia , but not getting job. I am thinking before leaving India must have a job in my hand. I am trying a lot hope will visit as soon I will get. I am an M.B.A.

Rajivjain wrote:

I am eager to visit Australia , but not getting job. I am thinking before leaving India must have a job in my hand. I am trying a lot hope will visit as soon I will get. I am an M.B.A.

As unemployment is rising the job market is getting tougher for expats coming in from overseas. 

You will first need a visa. For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au

For jobs try www.seek.com.au or gumtree

For cost of living www.numbeo.com