Kiwi living in australia

Hi Everyone,
This is a great site to find, I'm a New Zealander living in Australia on a SCV special catergory visa (unprotected) and I have been here for 5 years.

Any kiwis want to know the in's and out's of living here in Oz, don't be afraid to ask, would love to help you.

Thanks Chris

Welcome on Expat.com Chris ;)

Thanks for a lending a hand in our community. So do not hesitate to participate and contribute in the various discussions in the Australia forum.

Regards

Hi Chris !,

Will take up on your offer mate.....Shifting to BNE in the first week of January and have started to look for a rental there.....looking for a nice family/chidren orienated one (schools, parks, walkways) no too far away to downtown (Ok if 30-40 min), any ideas?

Cheers,

Andres

Hi Chris

What a delightful offer from you to share ideas for fellow Kiwis moving to OZ.
We are a family of four moving to Melbourne, mid December 2012. Looking for suitable accommodation in a fairly nice suburb around a 20 minute commute to the CBD.
Would welcome any input.
Cheers
Ross Kumaran

Hi Chris,
Interested in finding out what you mean by the "Unprotected SCV" visa is!!

Hi

I need to apply for  PR living in australia. I am a kiwi Living in Aus and was wandering if any knows a good lawyer or immagration officer i could use to help me aqquire my PR as its totally confusing and not straight foreward to do this on my own Help if any Im in perth WA.
kiri

Chris do you know how to go about applying for visa for PR .

Hi crish,

Thank you so much for the your message.so how you get  visa  on a SCV special catergory visa (unprotected)
could you please send details of that. i wandered to get that visa.what is that visa, who can get it.how to apply it.
my e mail address is
[email protected]

please help me. i am looking forward to hearing from you crish.

Best Regards
Ramani

Hello kiriyates

You can check out contacts of legal services institutions who registered themselves in our business directory : Legal services in Australia

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

thanks got that was hopeing to get info on others who are in this situation and if found any loop holes in the system ...and who they had help them thru. thanks thou

@kiriyates

On your profile it said you came across to Oz in 80's. Have you lived in Oz ever since ? If so you should be able to apply for citizenship.
I did the same and even with working overseas and not in Oz full time I got citizenship then passport. All I had to do when I applied was to work in Oz for 6 months and then things went ahead.

I know the law has changed now regarding citizenship etc for Kiwis.

I must check out my profile and wat i wrote i thought i didnt enter any info anyways yes i been bak to nz and did my OE for 4 years lived in UK . That is why i not even a PResident  here as i revolvearound the date 2oo1 when law was changed i wasnt here the lead up grace period before or after is wat is making it impossible for me .... cheers for ya input ...

The 2001 date has stopped a lot of citizenship applications. Almost impossible to get now after 2001.