Looking forward to shift, bring my wife along

hi,

i am a landscape architect with 6 yrs of experience. i have got an offer of 1100 OMR but without housing rent and transportation. so as per my guess i can save about 400-500 omr per month , is that assumption right?

now here at india me and my wife both are working, my wife is a lecturer in a engineering college.  we both want to come to muscat as soon as i shift there.

i came to know that i can obtain family visa but after 6 months of continuous working with the same firm. does that mean my wife can only come after 6 months?
and there was another news that ministry of labour is not approving work visas to females. so, in the light of the news will my wife has to sit ideal at muscat? as that would be difficult for her.

plus as my employer told me the contract is for 2 yrs and i cant change jobs between that tenure, is that right?

i know there are a lot of questions.. but before moving to another country i need to sort all this..

The answers to all your questions is 'Yes' !

Hello Summit:
I am planning to be in Muscat in the first week of January 2015. I will be joining an American oil company and they are paying me approx 1,500 OMR (accommodation, car, food is all on me). I am a bachelor.
I read from your previous posts that you have quite a good knowledge about Muscat in regards to practically everything and am glad that I joined this forum. I have few questions which I would appreciate if you would reply to whenever time permits you, no rush at all.
Thanks a lot!

1)    I am looking for a one bedroom apartment with pool and gym preferably but not necessary,……….. in areas of (north & south Ghubra and north Al-Azabah). I would also like supermarkets or small groceries stores, laundry, shopping  area etc to be around that apartments.
Many people on this forum mentioned that monthly rent would be around 280 to 375 for an unfurnished apartment.  I also would like to know how much it would cost for a furnished one bedroom apartment in these above locations? I have a very simple life style. I do not smoke or drink.
Would you able to guide me in respect of apartment rental websites?
2)    Where to buy house-hold appliances and furniture? Not necessarily brand new!
3)    On this forum many people have mentioned that monthly cost to hire a car is approx 150/200, whereas on Avis, Europcar etc websites I got a quote of approx 350 a month?
4)    From where to buy a used car? My budget is approx  2000 to 3500 OMR?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------