Sponsor

Hi im liezel from philippines im willing to take any jobs in canada i need a sponsor for me to work there anyone wants to help me im lucky to have this site..

Perhaps you might have more success if you tell us about your educational qualifications, work experience and type of work you're looking for. You're not going to find McDonalds Restaurants Canada Ltd. willing to sponsor anybody for flipping hamburgers.

The more people know about you and your marketable skills the better your chances will be. Sponsors don't just drop out of the sky and land in your lap.

Also, there is no need to post two separate topic threads for exactly the same question.

well..I wish It was easy to find sponsor Like That... :(
Hey wjwoodward..How are you doing!should I open topic as a Sponsor2 ?!!!  :D jks  ;)

Hello sevda11,

Unfortunately in the "real world" economy we find ourselves living in nowadays the scales have been tipped firmly to the supply side in terms of the labor market. There are many more people out there seeking employment than the demand can keep up with. Where once people could afford to be picky about what jobs they would do those days have long since gone the way of the Dodo bird. Now the reality is completely opposite, it's the employers who can afford to be choosey about who they hire, because there is such a large pool of candidates out there to select from. It only stands to reason that as a result employers are going to be much more selective, demand much higher qualifications, education, experience. Are they any more responsible for the "state" of the economy than the workers were when the shoe was on the other foot????

I wish that it was easier for me to get a Lamborghini Venom too, but as a realist I must accept the fact that is something that isn't going to happen no matter how hard I wish.

Like I said, sponsors aren't going to drop out of the sky if they don't know the first thing about you. Do you think many people (in any nation, not just Canada) are going to sponsor someone from another country to come and take a job when there are hundreds or thousands of people standing just outside their door waiting for work? They sure aren't unless you stand out from that crowd outside the door!!!

wjwoodward wrote:

Hello sevda11,

Unfortunately in the "real world" economy we find ourselves living in nowadays the scales have been tipped firmly to the supply side in terms of the labor market. There are many more people out there seeking employment than the demand can keep up with. Where once people could afford to be picky about what jobs they would do those days have long since gone the way of the Dodo bird. Now the reality is completely opposite, it's the employers who can afford to be choosey about who they hire, because there is such a large pool of candidates out there to select from. It only stands to reason that as a result employers are going to be much more selective, demand much higher qualifications, education, experience. Are they any more responsible for the "state" of the economy than the workers were when the shoe was on the other foot????

I wish that it was easier for me to get a Lamborghini Venom too, but as a realist I must accept the fact that is something that isn't going to happen no matter how hard I wish.

Like I said, sponsors aren't going to drop out of the sky if they don't know the first thing about you. Do you think many people (in any nation, not just Canada) are going to sponsor someone from another country to come and take a job when there are hundreds or thousands of people standing just outside their door waiting for work? They sure aren't unless you stand out from that crowd outside the door!!!

Yes,I totally agree with you!!many many people unemployed in canada,and if they sponsor people from other countries, unemployment in the canada will increase,so they wont sponsor anyone when already people need job there.
so wjwoodward ,what is your advice for people who really want to work in canada? :)

The best way for foreigners to find work in Canada (or any other country for that matter) is to learn skills that make them more valuable in the job market. University degrees, techical certificates, specialized training are all helpful. One should also seek to improve their work experience in that field too, even if it means taking a job you don't like, but looks excellent on your resumé.

thank you for advice :)

Blue collar jobs are a hit especially in the Oil & Gas industry here in Canada. If you have specific skill sets that are very niche to that area where O&G companies really lack people, you'll easily find jobs here particularly in Alberta where oil sands are abundant (for now). But don't forget a paper to show your qualification is just one side of the story, you really need to be able to converse in the local language to survive, so improving one's English is key (or French if you're heading to Quebec).