Extending 21 day visa

do I need an onward tickett extend my initional visa when I arrive day visa. then after that will I need one every time I extend the visa with my American passport

As far as I know, YES.

As I just arrived last Oct 5, they requested me to show my onward ticket, BOTH in immigration office in airport of my HOME COUNTRY and immigration office in airport of PHILIPPINES (Terminal 3).

And for me, it's one month, as they stamped: expire on Nov 4.

And yes, you need to extend your visa regularly.

jdbris23 wrote:

do I need an onward tickett extend my initional visa when I arrive day visa. then after that will I need one every time I extend the visa with my American passport

no such thing as 21day visa   , most tourists to philippines now get a 30 day visa waiver   -if your planning to stay long term then it may be best to get a 59 day visa at philippine embassy in your own country or else you get a 29 day visa extension  ,you wont be allowed enter the country without onward ticket which should be within the  validity of your visa /visa waiver  .

since you plan to get married there -once married if plan to stay longer -then best thing to do would be take short trip out of philippines with your wife and when ye come back -you should be given  a balikbayan visa when present marriage certificate.

Hi JDBris23,

It is required by anyone visiting the Philippines, to have an onward ticket leaving the country. It does not matter what the destination is, as long as it is not within the Philippines. If you do not have an onward ticket to any destination, then the departing country will not normally let you board the aircraft. If you do manage to make the flight to the Philippines without an onward ticket, then Philippines customs / immigration will not let you into the country.

As had been advised by others, the visa length has changed from 21 days to 30 days. But as others have said, you can buy, in your country a visa for 59 days, prior to departure. With my own experience and that of many friends, you do not need to purchase a 59 day visa. Depending on where you are staying, between days 27-30, of your visit, you can go to an immigration office and apply for a visa extention. It is a similiar price to obtaining the 59 day visa before you depart. You can find immigration offices in many major cities and many large town, here in the Philippines. This is the immigration website
immigration.gov.ph/
then look at the contacts heading, to find the nearest office to your location.

Hope you enjoy your stay and hope you have lots of fun. Take care.

ABC

ABCDeVil wrote:

Hi JDBris23,

It is required by anyone visiting the Philippines, to have an onward ticket leaving the country. It does not matter what the destination is, as long as it is not within the Philippines. If you do not have an onward ticket to any destination, then the departing country will not normally let you board the aircraft. If you do manage to make the flight to the Philippines without an onward ticket, then Philippines customs / immigration will not let you into the country.

As had been advised by others, the visa length has changed from 21 days to 30 days. But as others have said, you can buy, in your country a visa for 59 days, prior to departure. With my own experience and that of many friends, you do not need to purchase a 59 day visa. Depending on where you are staying, between days 27-30, of your visit, you can go to an immigration office and apply for a visa extention. It is a similiar price to obtaining the 59 day visa before you depart. You can find immigration offices in many major cities and many large town, here in the Philippines. This is the immigration website
immigration.gov.ph/
then look at the contacts heading, to find the nearest office to your location.

Hope you enjoy your stay and hope you have lots of fun. Take care.

ABC

May i add some info pls....if you are holding a tourist visa, the maximum stay here in the Philippines is three (3) yrs [before it was 2 yrs only].  You may do extension, as follows:

1) an every 2 mos extension and it can be done in any immigration satellite offices, or
    2) a six (6) mos extension done ONLY at the main immigration office in Intramuros, Manila. 

Have ready with you xerox copy pages of your passport  showing your pic and arrival page, and your plane ticket.  then fill-up a form and follow the procedure.... is best that you go immig ofc early.  We were at the immig ofc by 7am and although they are open at 8am if officers are ready they can process your papers.  By going early you also avoid crowd..  And we found out too when we were doing only a 2 mos extension that it is so convenient and less people when you go to the SM NORTH EDSA immig ofc.  You can ask the guard upon entering the mall for direction.  Immig officers at sm mall edsa are so polite and accommodating.  Unlike at other immig satellite offices they are too congested especially Buendia, Makati office.

first is for 21 days  then its extended  for 56 days and every two months after that

From my experience. Due to working abroad I have travelled in and out of the Phillippines since 2003. I am now married since 2006 and are permanent resident. But below from my first times.
I have never experienced that immigration has asked for tickets. Neither in airport or at visa renewals.
I presume you have a Filipino fiance who can sponsor you with Immigration.
Exrension to 1m59days is a simple process. Pull a day out of your calender after arriving with the 21days you get in the airport. Bring your sponsor to Intramuros in Manila(Immigration) and apply. it wil cost you 50-100$

With the present govrnment I find immigration is very helpful. You should have the visa extention same day. No need to apply abroad

I know ticket is a requirement but as I mention I have never been asked

Knud

martin benjamin wrote:

first is for 21 days  then its extended  for 56 days and every two months after that

Sir, iyou have two (2) options for visa extension applicable for tourist visa holder, as follows:

1)  two months extension  OR
2)  six (6) months extension

we find convenient for 6 mos and also is just almost the same amount for 2 mos plus you save the bothersome of going toand fro immigration every 2 months..