Waiting for visa clearance for the job offered from Oman

Hi Sumitran,

hope you are doing well.

i need your advice about a job offer which i have from oman.

position offered : Chief Accountant,

Private sector

Current resident : UAE

the prospective employer said they are waiting for visa clearance.

please advice how many chances that i get the visa keeping in mind the on going omanization.

Hi khan Durrani,

To answer your query is by no means simple or easy.

Yes, the process of Omanisation has been given a fillip by the local authorities concerned in an effort to provide even more job opportunities for the Omanis. Obviously those jobs would have to all come from expatriates who are currently holding it - which is not good news for expatriates.

In theory, if the company has met the stipulated Omanisation percentages and holds the required manpower clearances from the Ministry of Manpower for the job applied for, then getting the employment visa should not take more than 3-5 working days maximum. But in practice this seldom happens and it could take anywhere between a couple of months, to forever, depending on the various factors that come into play.

The best persons to answer your query would be your prospective employers as they alone would know how urgent appointing you is. And depending on their urgency, and depending on how good their current employment records are they should know how long or short the whole process would take.

Good luck and all the very best to you.

thank you so much sumitran , GOD bless you

Hi Sumitran,

i just wana confirm that , the employer still did not ask for my pass port copy, they said they are waiting for visa clearance, so is this okay ?? i could not understand with out pass port  copy how can they asked for visa clearance ?

Hello khan Durrani,

Visa Clearance means getting the approval from the Ministry of Manpower to hire an expatriate for a job. Without a formal approval from the Ministry of Manpower, no expatriate can be employed by any company.

Once the company gets their job / visa clearance then they will look for a suitable candidate. So there is no need to ask for any passport copies until and unless the visa / employment clearance is obtained from the Ministry of Manpower. And that is where the challenge lies.

Good luck.

thank you so much once again :)

Hi! I am Aswin from India. I got job order from United Engineering, Oman. Applied for Visa on June month through my company, but by this time Medical Certificate submitted by me for visa clearance has been expired. my question is whether my visa approval will be denied surely? or is there any chance for reconsideration?

hi sumitran,

please advice me about family visa sponsor ship, ?

i need to know how long this family visa process and whether it will be sponsor by resident of oman (expat) or on the basis of sponsorship of any local (omani national)

khan Durrani wrote:

hi sumitran,

please advice me about family visa sponsor ship, ?

i need to know how long this family visa process and whether it will be sponsor by resident of oman (expat) or on the basis of sponsorship of any local (omani national)

Hello khan Durrani,

Firstly, the employer must have completed 6 continuous months of employment in Oman to be able to apply for family sponsorship. Also, the employee's minimum salary ceiling is set at R.O. 600/- to apply for the same. If all the paperwork is properly in place, then getting the family visa issued is only a matter of a couple of days.

The family sponsorship can be sponsored only by the employer and not by any individual - local or expatriate.

thank you so much sumitran.

Hi sumitran,

please advice what's the difference between 'family joining visa" and "family residence visa"

thanks in advance for your consideration .

khan Durrani wrote:

Hi sumitran,

please advice what's the difference between 'family joining visa" and "family residence visa"

thanks in advance for your consideration .

Both are one and the same.

Hi Sumithran sir!

I am Aswin from India. I got job order from United Engineering projects, Oman. Applied for Visa on June month through my company, but by this time Medical Certificate submitted by me for visa clearance has been expired. my question is whether my visa approval will be denied surely? or is there any chance for reconsideration?

aswin25 wrote:

Hi Sumithran sir!

I am Aswin from India. I got job order from United Engineering projects, Oman. Applied for Visa on June month through my company, but by this time Medical Certificate submitted by me for visa clearance has been expired. my question is whether my visa approval will be denied surely? or is there any chance for reconsideration?

Hello aswin25,

If you employment visa has been applied for in June, then there is no reason for you to worry about the expiry of your medical reports as it would have been submitted before the expiry date.

But if your company applied for your employment visa after a couple of months (during which time your medical reports have expired) then you may have to send a fresh set of medical reports.

This is something your employer must confirm.

Employer saying "one stage of Visa process has been cleared so dont worry, due to Omanisation it is getting late....."
Employer applied in June itself.

My doubt is "Will it take 4 months for Visa clearance??".

Thank you Mr.Sumithran.

aswin25 wrote:

Employer saying "one stage of Visa process has been cleared so dont worry, due to Omanisation it is getting late....."
Employer applied in June itself.

My doubt is "Will it take 4 months for Visa clearance??".

Thank you Mr.Sumithran.

Yes, delays in getting the labour clearances are very common.

Even your employer cannot say with absolute certainty how long it would take.

Thank you sir!

Hi sumitran,

please advice about document attestation.

marriage certificate

Degree

birth certificate of baby ( baby born here in UAE)

should i attested from omani embassy in UAE or i have to send the documents to omani embassy in pakistan.

please advice ?

The primary verification and stamping on all the documents needs to be done in your home country first and then further attestation needs to be done at the place of your domicile.

hi sumitran,

my daughter was born here in Dubai, so  in this case her birth certificate should be attested by Omani embassy here or not? i already attested from UAE forign affairs here in Dubai. please advice

While getting all the rest done, it is better and no harm to get your daughter's birth certificate done as well - whether required or not.

thanks sumitran :)

hi
you can get
just wait for them
oman visa process easy
just wait
they will send

Hi, Sumitran, I would appreciate your advice on following. I was told that visa application could take long but the applicant can wait for this process in home country together with family. Once my visa is approved the application for family can commence. Final objective would be to get visa for both myself and family thus traveling together to Oman. Is this information correct? I read somewhere in your previous reply to others
Quote: the employer must have completed 6 continuous months of employment in Oman to be able to apply for family sponsorship. Unquote. If my interpretation is correct in this context the employer would be my future employer PDO hence this is an established company in Oman isn't it? As such they could act as sponsor for me as the employee and my wife/children? Main query still would be, can we as family await this process and get approval for all in our home country/France? Also, we would not require health certification? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance

Sumitran, just read this article in Oman times dated 12may 2014.
Quote: The government is seeking to reduce the expat labour force to 33 per cent and a set of new rules has been introduced, including one that expat workers cannot bring their spouses or children to Oman before six months of service. Unquote.
Is this true, if this is the case I cannot leave my family behind for half year just to comply with the above?!
Please advice, reading lots of different stories that only leads to confusion and frustration about accepting my new position.
Thanks

Rsth001 wrote:

Hi, Sumitran, I would appreciate your advice on following. I was told that visa application could take long but the applicant can wait for this process in home country together with family. Once my visa is approved the application for family can commence. Final objective would be to get visa for both myself and family thus traveling together to Oman. Is this information correct? I read somewhere in your previous reply to others
Quote: the employer must have completed 6 continuous months of employment in Oman to be able to apply for family sponsorship. Unquote. If my interpretation is correct in this context the employer would be my future employer PDO hence this is an established company in Oman isn't it? As such they could act as sponsor for me as the employee and my wife/children? Main query still would be, can we as family await this process and get approval for all in our home country/France? Also, we would not require health certification? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance

Hello Rsth001,

Firstly, the EMPLOYEE  (and not the "employer") must have completed 6 uninterrupted months of working in Oman to be able to apply for the family joining visa.

Therefore you and your family cannot come together. There has to be a minimum 6-month gap. Whether it is PDo or not.

Not sure about your medials. Check with some European in the forum, preferably working in the PDO for clarity.

Good luck.

Thanks Sumitran, clear response!
Guess deals off. Will inform the PRO accordingly.

Hello my wife is on family visa and want to change to employment visa ? They said need to cancels visa . I would like to ask if visa clearance can be get before exiting , bcos I'm worried if we did not get clearance and lose family visa