Sciences teacher

I graduated this year from uni in Lebanon and I have a B.S. In biomedical science. I can work as a medical laboratory technician with this degree plus teaching as well. I have a one year teaching experience at a middle school.
I just want to know how much salary should I ask for in case I was offered to be a Sciences teacher or a laboratory technician at a school per month. I'm traveling alone and have no family to support.
My options for now are the KSA and UAE.
I need to put a minimum salary expected tax free and provided shared accommodation in order to progress with the application.
Thank you for any help answering.

Depends on the type of school.  If you teach at a Western school, you can expect SR. 8-10K, but since you don't have a teaching qualification, Western schools won't hire you.

Then there are Asian or Arab-managed international schools with US/UK curriculum.  You can't expect much in those schools as a teacher, at most SR. 5K, but probably closer to 3-4K since you don't have much experience.

Lab technician, obviously, even less than what a teacher would get.

If you send me the name of the school in a private message, I can help you more, but only if it is in Jeddah.

I still have not got my acceptance yet even they can't process my application unless I have set a certain minimum expected salary. My papers will be forwarded to schools in both the KSA and the UAE. But so far, the salary ranges aren't so encouraging. What does 1000$ Mean when a person is living independently in a foreign country

Biochemtea wrote:

What does 1000$ Mean when a person is living independently in a foreign country

It doesnt mean a lot for KSA and for sure its nothing to survive in UAE !!

saimans wrote:
Biochemtea wrote:

What does 1000$ Mean when a person is living independently in a foreign country

It doesnt mean a lot for KSA and for sure its nothing to survive in UAE !!

Yeah I figured that out.

You can't expect much pay with a bachelor's in a science field.  Your choices are:

1) Earn $1-1.5K as a teacher or lab technician.
2) Since you chose science, finish the job, i.e., get a PhD.
3) Get an MBA.

Trapezius wrote:

You can't expect much pay with a bachelor's in a science field.  Your choices are:

1) Earn $1-1.5K as a teacher or lab technician.
2) Since you chose science, finish the job, i.e., get a PhD.
3) Get an MBA.

So you're saying that much range is fair enough for a Sciences bachelor degree?
What kind of a degree do you possess?

You have 2 things working against you as far as KSA is concerned - you're not American or British.. And You don't have a teaching credential  With teaching credentials you can expect somewhat of a decent salary... Not great though

I am not saying that is fair, I am saying that's how it is, unfortunately.  In fact, no, it is not fair.

Seems like you took it as an insult.  Far from it, my parents, siblings, and I, we all have science degrees, and I love nothing more than science.  Unfortunately, bachelor's and even master's degrees in the basic sciences don't pay well, as the job types are limited to just teaching, lab technician, research assistant, and a couple of more.

A bachelor's in business, accounting, marketing, or finance pays up to double of what you get paid with a bachelor's in a basic science.  And an MBA can easily pay double to triple (or more) of a master's in a basic science.  That's just how the world is, fair or not!

MBA, to teach?

No, not to teach.  I was comparing salaries for basic science degrees (any job) with business degrees, non-teaching jobs.