Have you been promised a 6 or 12 month visa run to Cambodia?

Last weekend I travelled to Sihanoukville to pick up some equipment I was importing and I was accompanied by someone who wanted a 12 month visa.

The Sihanoukville has long opening hours AND is open on Saturdays. It also used to issue visas on a Sunday through a travel agency in S/ville.

BUT THINGS HAVE CHANGED!

Last month the Ha Noi government issued new rules on visa issuance. Now, in Phnom Penh, Batambang and Sihanoukville there are card-carrying Ha Noi 'inspectors' working in and checking on these consular operations.

No more VISA WHILST YOU WAIT - in by 10.00H out AFTER 16.00H. Three months are costing USD$90. (The last bus run to Ha Tien leaves at 11.00H)

And if some person 'guarantees' you a longer visa - make some financial refund arrangement if they can't deliver!

I deal with a Trading Office in the VN consul for my importation documentation and he confirmed what was happening. I have known this man over 5 years and he's never given me a bum steer.

BUT, as they say, money speaks louder than words ... so who knows what the rules will be next week?

'Dave's' site seems to have the most recent info on visa news.
Last I read was that someone had  a friend who knew someone who got a 6 month from S'ville.
And they are requesting labour contracts and/or place of residence books to get the longer visas.
This is only from memory,so the forum is the best bet.

I went to the cambodia embassy to ask for the 3 month visa. It was just 20$ only. The fee increases now?

Dejavu.dot wrote:

I went to the cambodia (sic) embassy to ask for the 3 month visa. It was just 20$ only. The fee increases now?

The Cambodian consulate in HCM issues a visa, single entry, for USD$25. Been that price for over a year.

Not often, or usual, for visa prices to decrease.

I was there in January, was told only 3 month visa. The lady at the consulate warned me against using an agent for a 6 or 12 month. Because they are fake.

So true  :)
Ha Noi officials cannot be with them always, they should return  :)
Immigration KINGS and embassy/consulate KINGS just take it as a 2-3 days 'off duty'  :)

Jaitch wrote:

As they say, money speaks louder than words ... so who knows what the rules will be next week?

@ ancientpathos: There is no fake visa when they(KINGS' agents) offer more than usual term. If your visa stamped then you can use and pass the Bavet border  :)  as they are "COLLEAGUES" ! But you shouldn't meet a fake agent!