Form E121/S1 from UK!

Hi
I have found a local GP. Can't get private insurance due to near death 12 years ago even though i'm fine now. He phoned the local CAS (Health Service). They say I need to bring in form E121 from the UK. This has been superseded by form S1 & apparently if you don't work but aren't in receipt of UK pension or benefits it still covers you for Romanian healthcare for 2.5 years.I have spent hours on the Internet trying to find out where to get the illusive form. There is a number for those in receipt of pensions & another for those in receipt of benefit but no number for ordinary folk. Any ideas anyone? Ta Sue

Okay. I finally found thr answer from the Overseas Healthcare Team at the DWP.Form E121 now S1 has been abolished in June 2014 unless you are a pensioner or in receipt of sickness bebefits. So that means that if you are below retirement age you cannot sign up with a state GP in Romania. That sucks! Some of us can't get insurance at a reasonable price. Better keep picking the herbs & leaves like everyone else in our village & cross my fingers!

Hello Robin & Sue

Thanks for sharing the information with us!

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team