Female ESL teacher looking for employment in KSA

Hi/ Asalaamu alaikum everyone,

I'm trying to find a job in Saudi as an ESL teacher. I would like to know about any reputable schools in the area I could approach for employment. I'm currently teaching at International House Cape Town (I'm South African). I am Muslim, so I am aware of the cultural norms/ appropriate behaviour expected when living in the country.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

I don't know if you have done this already. But look for contacts on linkedin

Alaikum salaam,

If you're looking to be an ESL teacher there is a lot of company's you could approach as the demand for female instructors is so high in Saudi.

International house also have a school in Riyadh. So that might be an option for you. However most of the jobs are in university's teaching the foundation year students.

Try companies such as ICEAT or SBC

Any particular reason you posted this in the Riyadh section?

Anyway, you won't find any jobs off of here.  The place to look is www.eslcafe.com for both job postings and discussions about specific employers or asking general questions (go to the International Job Forums for discussions and questions).

Too late now for the Fall term (starting in 2 weeks), so you are looking at jobs starting mid year in the Spring term (January), but you need to start looking and applying now!

i would disagree on too late part, they are still interviewing for fall and setting up contracts. if you do arrive you will be a sub (will not have your own  classroom) but you will have full time work.

The only jobs left this late are usually jobs you wouldn't want, with shady contractors who are more like human traffickers.

Thank you for your response Trapezius, your comment is greatly appreciated. Seems there is a lot I don't know. I have applied for jobs on LinkedIn and will give eslcafe a go :)

[moderated: please register your recruitment company in the business directory]

Hi Lexyk, thank you so much for your post. I will be in touch with you shortly :)