New old JW expats in Norther Peru

Lin and I (David) have lived out of the box (USA) for 11 of the last 18 years. Our daughter stayed in Bolivia when Dad and Mom moved to Nicaragua.

After 3 years in the states (WA) taking care of parents, we moved here to Los Organos, Piura, Peru. We are "self-supporting missionaries" with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Lin works doing medical transcription for a company in the USA. I did that also for 5 years but quit last December and went full time on our web sites.

We enjoy the town we are in and plan to stay for a few years. We have trouble with itchy feet and have lived in California, Hawaii, Washington, North Carolina, Ecuador, Bolivia, Nicaragua, and now Peru, in each of those places for 1-5 years.

I was born in Lima to American parents who were with SIL Mission here in Peru. After living in Lima and also Pucallpa in the 50s, we went to Ecuador, where I lived in Quito and also the jungle until age 14, when we moved to California.

Lin was born in Pennsylvania, where she went to college, then moved to San Diego County, Calif. I was living in Hawaii after a couple of divorces. We got married in Hawaii and our daughter Kelsey was born there in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island.

Currently, we have several web sites, and it was natural to start one on Peru after moving here last December, so we now have a burgeoning web site (moderated: no ads please)

David and Lin Schneider
Los Organos, Piura, Peru

Hi David, that was a nice and complete presentation!
I've moved your topic to Peru's forum. Please share your impressions and experiences with us!

Hi
I am also a JW and would really like to make the change to living overseas to further my preaching work. I would love for my kids to have the advantage of less as well.
I am interested in moving to any place where I can easily live on my ss disability so as not to be a burden to my congregation any longer while being able to preach full time in a mild climate.
I am very interested in meeting other JWs around the world doing the same and get tips on how I can do it too.
Lovely making your acquaintance!
Agape!
Tori

Hi Tori. I'm not sure what the policy is about contacting others privately. You might check our profile here on expat-blog ( I think you just click our name up in the corner. Or search for us on Google and our town and we should come up.

We would love to communicate more but I'm not sure that a public forum is the right place to do it.

That said, this forum is an excellent place for general info about living in other countries.

David and Lin Schneider

Do not hesitate to use the private message system  ;)

Thanks Julien - I've got too many forum things going so I can't remember which one does which!

David