Which satelite channels to take ?

Hi everybody,

I am looking for taking the "best" satelite channels.
What can we find in Mauritius, is there any choice.
It's mainly for my husbands who wants to watch movies and see world news / BBC-CNN.

Thanks,

Virginie

We have just subscribed to DSTV which has all the Uk and USA channels, movies, sports etc.. paying about 2,100Rs a month for tens and tens of chanels and we barely watch maybe 15..:)My fiance likes all the sports channels that he gets. there are 5 channels that show good movies. You can get cheaper DSTV packages that will cost you under 1000Rs a month.

hope that was of help to you.

Mariam

Yes DSTV is excellent, I just changed my subscription today from Canal which was totally French to DSTV English. It also has a couple of Indian channels too.

Thanks for the informations !!
Where can you buy DSTV / I will live in the North/ and how long does it take to DSTV for the installation ?
Also it seems either you take CANAL+ and you have only french speaking channels, or you subscribe to DSTV and you have only english speaking channels. There is no other provider which provide a mix of both channels ?

There is no provider of a mixture of English and French language channels, though the French languages ones will carry English language 24hr news channels.

CanalSat may broadcast original language audio on the film channels, but not sport.  Unfortunately, I can't confirm if that is possible.

The DSTV website will have the necessary contact details if you set the location to Mauritius.

Stephen.