Weekend Things To do

Can someone give me ideas Pls!!! what else we can do in riyadh during weekend except shopping that my wife and daughter 4 yr old would enjoy???

Welcome to the forum!

One suggestion I have is to pack a picnic lunch and go to the Riyadh zoo!

Be sure to plan to picnic because you can fly through the zoo pretty fast (there are some pics on my profile) but what's really delightful is to spread a blanket under the trees and just enjoy the GREEN!  Bring a ball or a frisbee or something for your daughter to play with.

There is also the Riyadh Museum downtown.  You'll probably fid it quite interesting but a 4 year old will probably get antsy after a bit.

On the way out of town (sorry, don't know which way) there is an amusement park for children that rather looks like a castle from the outside.  I'm sure others here can help you with the exact location.

Have fun! :)

There are also several "fun arcades" in various shopping malls, with rides, games and such for children while the parents shop or whatever.  She'll probably enjoy those once in a while, as well.

There is an amusment park on the Kraj (SW ring road), there is funland under faisaliah mall, funland with rollercoaster in the granada mall.

you can also go horse riding of ask Salman about the camel camp :)

Wow, and there is an ICE SKATING rink (fair sized) at the new Pararama Mall as well as lots of kiddie things.

And there is a horse stable over in the DQ.  Apparently you can only ride in their corral, but the feedback I've gotten is pretty positive.

Thank you guys for the info and for sure we will have great weekend this week.

We have a 5 y.o and she has really enjoyed the play area at Al Faisaliah Mall.  Most malls have som sort of play area.  We have also heard great things about the ceramic cafe at the Sahara Mall.  Adults and kids alike enjoy it.  You could for example go on Thursday morning for breakfast and your daughter could paint and fire her masterpiece.  On Fridays there is a brunch at Al Faisaliah Hotel..aside from the regular brunch there is a kids brunch where kids can play video games, decorate cookies, cupcakes, doughnuts and stuff themselves on various goodies.  It is staffed by lovely young women that really cater to the desires of the kids.  For an activity it is rather expensive but not much more expensive than a nice meal out in Europe.  You could for example, go to the brunch at 12 or 13, take your time eating, then walk through the Al Faisalia Tower to the mall and walk around, go to the amusement park and then at 16.00 the shops in the mall open.  Nice easy way to spend a Friday.

Have fun!
Tina

Thanks guys.

I would like to share some places you might be interested too:

Reem Karting 
(Coordinates Latitude 24-23-15N Longitude 45-58-43E)
The good news is that they are open for family during thursday and friday from 5PM till midnight.

Al Hair Resort
(Coordinates Latitude 24-27-36N Longtitude 46-48-05E)
You can do some family picnic here bring your own bbq, camel riding, fishing and I heard they have pool area now for rent. You can see the river from here and one of the greenest area in Riyadh.

Riyadh Golf Course
This golf course is one the best in Riyadh and I can say the best in customer service based on my 1 year experience being active golfer. Within a month they will open their hotel resorts where the whole family will enjoy the pool area, tennis, Bally Ball with small park where kids will definitely enjoy. 30 KM from Kingdom Center.

Dirab Golf Course
They have excellent breakfast from the resto called French Corner good facilities like Riyadh Golf Course 40-50 KM from Kingdom Center.

Fantasy Land (Al Thumama Area)
Best time to visit is from 4PM till midnight very good for kids and family picnic. Kids will enjoy dolphin show but with arabic speaker/trainer but still good, horse/camel riding, swimming etc.

Well that's for now and still looking forward to have some additional infos where/what we can do in Riyadh with family.

Cheers:)

Hi,

I want to visit Fantasy Land (Al Thumama Area) today. I am single and probably might face some challenge at entrance…..hence I am looking for a family who can make this convenient for me.

I am reasonably decent  and will accompany the willing family till entrance only (I won't chase them beyond the entrance gate :) ).

I just want to enjoy and freshen up myself with Dolphin show and horse ridding.

Please message me if someone is up for Thumama today.

you can go to UBC bowling center, I found it in Facebook Group called: Riyadh, looking for something to do in the weekend?

facebook.com/pages/Riyadh-if-you-are-looking-for-something-to-do-this-weekend/155782587826247?ref=ts

they have paintball zone as well, but minimum 10 persons.

Also, you can go to alreem racing circuit (motorbikes and cars drag race)

Simaya wrote:

you can go to UBC bowling center, I found it in Facebook Group called: Riyadh, looking for something to do in the weekend?

facebook.com/pages/Riyadh-if-you-are-looking-for-something-to-do-this-weekend/155782587826247?ref=ts

they have paintball zone as well, but minimum 10 persons.

Also, you can go to alreem racing circuit (motorbikes and cars drag race)

yup ... UBC is not doubt a cool option
even if you are not professional, no harm in just rolling the ball ;)

you guys know thet CHUCK E CHEESE OPENED???

muhaimma wrote:

you guys know thet CHUCK E CHEESE OPENED???

Oh noooo! There goes the youth of Saudi Arabia towards obesity!!

Chuck'E' cheese is great for a four year old!
you can also go horseback riding in the diplomatic quarter
and we also have a bowling center
seramic cafe at the Sahara Mall is nice too