Affordable gym or swimming pool in Riyadh

Hello, I will be living in Riyadh from August for probably 3 months. It will be my first visit there. I was researching for some gym or swimming pool or both but I have read here that most places fee's are way over 100$ monthly. Unfortunately my contract is a little low budget so first I am looking for something cheaper. Only in case of not founding cheaper places I want to consider recommended places with monthly fee around 100$. I will be glad for all kind of advices.

Hi and welcome on board kevoch!

I hope other members will help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Welcome aboard.

There are two local gyms FitnessTime  and Bodymasters , those are around $100/month and less with few dollars .

but tell me first where you gonna live?

Hi Keoch...

welcome aboard...

I have heard that there are few cheaper gyms (including swimming pools, fitness center, etc) in Al-Nakheel area (near king saud university). If you are living near this place, i can ask someone for further information. the price is 700 riyal for 4 months..

john

yes please john tell us the address cause am near that university :)
cheers

Hello guys, thanks for advices. So I will  check that places when get to Riyadh. I don't know where I will be living exactly, my employer told that it will be some kind of family apartments in hotel/motel (definitely not in camp due to low budget) but I don't know the address yet. So probably I will be continuing this thread after I will have exact localization.

Btw. I was wondering if I it possible to use GPS in Riyadh, I found something like this: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=73267&ra=true , maybe some of you is using gps in Riyadh successful ?

Ok, now I know that I will be living near intersection of North Ring Road and King Abdul Aziz Road. Maybe somebody know some affordable gym or swimming pool in the neighbourhood.

Just look for BodyMaster nearest you. I guess that's the cheapest gym u could find here in riyadh with good facilities becoz fitness time got higher rate than Bodymaster.

Ok, I will look for BodyMaster, thanks for your help.

Welcome Kevoch,i think you have Body Masters near you i'm not sure but i will check for :)

if you want any information about the gym here it is :-
---------------
Telephone : +96614875531
Fax : +96614875528
Email : [email protected]
---------------

If you need any help with anything just ask.

Hello, Massari. Yes that is correct, Bodymasters are near my location. Unfortunately I contact them by e-mail and they said that cheapest month subscription cost about 550 S.R. This is too expensive, I will be considering that gym if I won't find something cheaper. I will be in Riyadh this week.

lol..there are so many promotions..so just wait for that..then grab the package.. sometimes ull just pay 50% of the amount.

For example 3mos + 3mos.
ull pay for three months and the other three is free..
sometimes they even got 6 + 6 and 1 year + 1 year..(i guess)

Godd Luck! and Welcome!

You mean there are many promotions in Bodymasters or generally in Riyadh's gyms ?

I will be staying in Riyadh probably only 2 months so I think such long period promtions won't fit me :) but thanks for the info !

kevoch wrote:

You mean there are many promotions in Bodymasters or generally in Riyadh's gyms ?

I will be staying in Riyadh probably only 2 months so I think such long period promtions won't fit me :) but thanks for the info !

hey kevoch

welcome to saudi arabic ( early welcome :P )

bodymaster is the neasrest one to ur place ( people call it EXIT#5 area==the intersection)
try tocheck with your company ; sometime HR-depatment have agreements with gyms, i took 15%discount for FITNESS TIME ; and it costed me 1350 for 3 monthes (arround 120$ ) :) but its super-GYM to be honest
i beleie there is a fitness-time gym ,near the exit#5 ( kindgom hosppital area) ,idont really know the exact location , if that one was offering the "fitness time pro" then u might get a cheaper than 500riyal\month ,as this one will have less services ( no towel, no shaving tools,nohair-gel.....) these extra stuf :)

i will check for that gym ,and if i got any info i will update u :)

Goodluck my friend

Hey !

I'd recommend this gym in Al-Malaz area.

laragym.com

Monthly rates are SR 250.

The environment is rather friendly, and members include a lot of foreigners. The Gym instructors and trainers can fluently communicate in English. I myself am a member of the gym.

Though, it lacks a pool. Jacuzzi, and Sauna services are available.

Lemme know if you need any info on it.

Feanor

Feanor wrote:

Hey !

laragym.com

Feanor

hey man
i chekd the website, and they dont offer what i am asking in this TOPIC

iam asking for martial arts class ,not BODY BUILDING
beside they offer 3 month for 1100SR ,where iam getting Ftiness-time 3 month for 1350 SR

Fitness time>>laragym

thanks anyway

Hello guys, thanks for another advices. I think that topic will be very helpful for others.

That price 250 SR from laragym sounds good I know that it won't be such comfortable offer as Bodymasters but like I said I am looking for something afforadble. I must check this when I get to Riaydh.

Feanor wrote:

Hey !

laragym.com

Monthly rates are SR 250.

The environment is rather friendly, and members include a lot of foreigners. The Gym instructors and trainers can fluently communicate in English. I myself am a member of the gym.

Though, it lacks a pool. Jacuzzi, and Sauna services are available.

Feanor

I am also interested in joining this gym. Please tell me the exact location. Is it equipped with good quality equipments.
How about the instructors. To which nation they belong ?

Hey Guys,

I live in Malaz Area on Jarir Street. I am relatively new to this place, so not able to locate this gym. Can someone else help?

Thanks
Pramod

I would like to swim laps in Saudi. Are there any swimming pools for females where I can swim laps? Not Western complex recreational pools but a place for exercising. Thanks!

Hi,

I go to FITNESS TIME - Pro and i paid SR 900 for 3 months. Their usual rate is SR 1000 for 3 months but you get 10% discount if you pay by Mastercard

Amazing GYM.

regards,

I have been going to Body masters in Olaya. A bit expensive. I pay SR 1800 for 4 months. But a brilliant gym, swimming pool, Hot water Jacuzzi and other good facilities.

there are 3 as i know bodymasters,life fitness,strong fit centers

jadihussain wrote:

Hi,

I go to FITNESS TIME - Pro and i paid SR 900 for 3 months. Their usual rate is SR 1000 for 3 months but you get 10% discount if you pay by Mastercard

Amazing GYM.

regards,

how about Visa, 20% off?  i should go check out the gym center later, no much stuff to do in Riyadh.

unknown about discounts

Body Master, Olya street, Next to Andulas Mall.
3 Month = 950 SAR.
Discount = 20%
You pay = 760 SAR.

Trainer, gym, swimming pool, Hot water Jacuzzi.

i need a body going to the gym, most probably with a car so that he can pick me up... ahihihi coz i dont have a car... thanks for any concern ;-)

i think above list is all for men  ,may i know is there gym and ladies suming pool for ladies near al marooj

Hi all,  I just arrived in Riyadh and I'm living near exit #8, in Ghranata. Any suggestions for gyms in my area? Thanks!

@erich214,
Welcome to Riyadh and Expat.com.

Your area is the north of Riyadh and there are many gyms around.

There is one superb one called fitness times on Exit 7 (I go to the same) and one on Imam Saud Saud Road in Ishibiliya.

Also there is another between exit 6 & 7 (on Imam Saud Road) called BodyMasters which is also a good one.

Excellent! Thanks for your advice!
I've sent Fitness Time an email about their membership pricing. :)

Hopefully they'll get back to me in a timely manner.

:)
Usually email requests are not served by commercial organizations in KSA.

Here you go:

1,600 SAR - 3 Months
2,600 SAR - 6 Months
4,300 SAR - 12 Months

Promo available these days.
But 3 Months and get 1 additinal free. 2 free with 6 months; and 3 free with 1 year membership.

Their prices are slightly out of my price range at the moment. (Haven't been paid yet!)  But from their photos, the facilities look really good. I'll try asking some locals. :)

Thanks heaps for your help, TLL.

hi guys,

i'm living near al salhiya computer center. do you know any cheap gyms around.. thank you very much

I think anyone looking for a descent gym with a low monthly fee (doesn't exist here in Riyadh btw), just pay the extra few bucks and go to Fitness Time. I personally I go there and I love it. If you get the 3 month package you'll be paying i think 530 a month. Its pricey I know, considering the Equinox in Beverly Hills used to charge $115, way cheaper than here.

I was surprised at quality, but the gym is really nice and clean. All the equipments are there and they use Hammer Strength :D. Only downside I've seen with gyms here is, the people are freekin weird man! People just love to stare in this country and it gets worse at the gym. Its kind of weird but you'll get over it. Just get some headphones and never take them out, and if someone tries to talk to you, just pretend you didn't hear it. Convo's always start out with what supplements your taking, to where your from, then they ask for any form of communication. Just keep the headphones on and you'll be fine ;)

Good Luck!

amberalvi3 wrote:

i think above list is all for men  ,may i know is there gym and ladies suming pool for ladies near al marooj

I've heard there are a few and I also heard they are NOT cheap! I mean, if you thought the guys gym is expensive, your in for a surprise...lol

Here is one option, I saw a guy doing. He was working out in Saco world using the gym equipment.

amberalvi3 wrote:

I dont know exactly where al murooj area is, but for the ladies workout and swimming, u can go to Specialized Medical Center Hospital, King Fahad Road, Tower 1, "Impact Center" it is for ladies workout exclusively...one more is in the Bushra Ladies Mall, they have the swimming pool there as well.

Happy Working Out and Swimming...CHEERS...

Hi everyone, im just new here in riyadh, im looking also for a cheaper gym and also ner in my place where i live, im from al malaz,.. Pls guys help me... Thank you and have a nice day....

Hi guys please help me to find a cheapest gym near in al-malaz district i dont need any amenities just pure weight lifting and cheap....thank you