Paying a fee for entry into Valletta by car??!!

Got a bit surprised today when I received a letter from CVA (Controlled Vehicle Access) to pay a fee of 2.46 for entering with my car in Valletta. The amount it's not a big deal but I didn't even know this kind of system existed. No sure if you all know, if not, you know now :D

Hi, this system has been going on for years and before that, if you wanted to enter Valletta you had to pay extra on your road tax and then you would have a 'V' marked on it, allowing you to enter.

I guess, when something has been in place for years, it's not talked about much...Of course, the signs telling you that you are entering a CVA are, should have given you the hint  ;)

To be honest, didn't even realized there were any signs with regards to that. But there you, living and learning! ;)

Yes, Malta is good in that way, letting you live and learn the hard way  :)

hicabsmalta wrote:

When entering Valletta after 14.00 Mon to Fri its actually free, its also free on Sundays and Bank holidays, otherwise you get charged after the first 30min, nothing major but if you enter Valletta often (eg. you work there) it does accumulate (at some Eur6.52 per day).

I see, thanks for the detailed information hicabsmalta. (y)