About doing business like as t shirt & others

hi ... i am solid . from Bangladesh . studying medicine in Ukraine. i want to know is it possible to do any business as like as selling t shirts , jeans & others garments products here ... is it permitted for a student here ? & here anyone who can help me in this sector ... bcz we have garments in Bangladesh .. i can take t shirt & other garments products very cheap rate... i am eagerly waiting for your answer... thanks in advance ....

You will need to get registered as a private entrepreneur or set up a company here. If you will be importing garments in Ukraine then you will also need to get registered with the customs office.

Importing garments will, with a high probability, require obtaining sanitary and quality certificates.

Other requirements depend on how you are going to sell your products: via the Internet or at some outlet.

Probably it depends on the amounts you are going to import and which age category.
If it is just for adults, it will be easier then for children.

If you keep the amounts small, you might be able to just send them and receive them without any problems.

If you get it completely official, you should also pay customs duties etc.

You can contact some transporting company (for example DHL), they usually know the details.

tantuss wrote:

Probably it depends on the amounts you are going to import and which age category.
If it is just for adults, it will be easier then for children.

If you keep the amounts small, you might be able to just send them and receive them without any problems.

If you get it completely official, you should also pay customs duties etc.

You can contact some transporting company (for example DHL), they usually know the details.

Yes, some textile (usually for children) requires certification and some does not. To know for sure it is necessary to know UKTZED codes for such goods or at least the Harmonized System codes.

Yes, it is possible to ship them in small quantities by mail to avoid of payment of customs duties and VAT. A parcel has to be valued less than a limit determined by the Customs Code of Ukraine.

It is better to use Ukrposhta (Ukrainian state post service) for such purposes. This is merely from my personal experience.

Dear sir,
i am also the member of export blog in name a.k.international and presently in india living and oprating a merchendising company in name of A.K. INTERNATIONAL IN CITY OF Dehraun in uttrakhand. i have a garment manufacturing unit in ludhiana also and interested to tieup with you to export in small quantity polo shirts round neck t shirts trousers jogging suits and any wolloen garment you need to sale i am also a small exporter and interested to reach ukraine and CIS market by small trading or selling goods personally there in flee market with you
if you are interested with me reply to discuss in this matter india is biggerpartner for russian block

yours anil asthana
For A.K. INTERNATIONAL
DEHRADUN INDIA

akinternational wrote:

Dear sir,
i am also the member of export blog in name a.k.international and presently in india living and oprating a merchendising company in name of A.K. INTERNATIONAL IN CITY OF Dehraun in uttrakhand. i have a garment manufacturing unit in ludhiana also and interested to tieup with you to export in small quantity polo shirts round neck t shirts trousers jogging suits and any wolloen garment you need to sale i am also a small exporter and interested to reach ukraine and CIS market by small trading or selling goods personally there in flee market with you
if you are interested with me reply to discuss in this matter india is biggerpartner for russian block

yours anil asthana
For A.K. INTERNATIONAL
DEHRADUN INDIA

Hi & welcome!

To set up a company in Ukraine (LLC) you will need to pay (in general):
- company registration fee that is around USD 16;
- lawyer's fee around USD 200;
- office lease payment around USD 100 annually;
- translation of constituent documents of a foreign legal entity that is the incorporator (around USD per page);
- notarization fees (Power of Attorney - USD 20; company's charter - USD 15; translator's signature USD 5 per document);
- registratoin with the customs office - USD 150 (if the LLC will be an importer);
- accounting services - USD 160 per month;
- director's salary - USD 100 per month.

wow, there's a lot of things to be done, just to sell t-shirts lol ... i was gonna ask about apparel business in Ukraine but saw this thread already running ...

The question is only, if you need to do this with an LLC or if you can do it with an PE (Private Entrepreneur). The only problem is probably that you as foreigner can not be a PE.

The mentioned pricing looks quiet close to what I paid.
Directory salary, you should not pay too less. Else it looks too much like it is a 'paper' director.

"- office lease payment around USD 100 annually;"
I assume you mean with it virtual office lease.

Also what is good to look where you put you 'office'. Some districts are easier with taxes then others. For that you should ask advice of a bookkeeper.

If you compare it to setting up a business in another country, you will find simular or even higher costs.

tantuss wrote:

The question is only, if you need to do this with an LLC or if you can do it with an PE (Private Entrepreneur). The only problem is probably that you as foreigner can not be a PE.
The mentioned pricing looks quiet close to what I paid.
Directory salary, you should not pay too less. Else it looks too much like it is a 'paper' director.
"- office lease payment around USD 100 annually;"
I assume you mean with it virtual office lease.
Also what is good to look where you put you 'office'. Some districts are easier with taxes then others. For that you should ask advice of a bookkeeper.
If you compare it to setting up a business in another country, you will find simular or even higher costs.

A foreigner can be a PE.
There is a minimum salary limit in Ukraine but it is possible to legitimately pay below this limit. For doing this the director has to be hired not for a full 40 hour week but, lets say 5 hours per week.
Yes, USD 100 annually (every year) is for a "virtual" office. It is used mainly for the registration purpose.

Well.. A foreigner can be PE, but not easy.
"To take advantage of the Private Entrepreneur system you now need to have PR
After being married for two years you can then claim PR
Another option is to get married to your girlfriend, have a baby and then claim PR (as a father)"

And maybe also usefull:
"Please remember that here in Ukraine, tax laws change very quickly.
However the maximum turnover is now UAH 3m ($375,000 approx) per year and you would still only pay 5% tax if you are not a VAT payer. Yes, it's a good deal for Private Entrepreneurs. The BIG problems come when you start to employ people and start paying the the crazy 38% + Payroll taxes. Remember employees in Ukraine negotiate a NET salary, so tax is assumed to be down to the employer at all times (if taxes change it does not effect the employee....good system in Ukraine). So you need to calculate the payment of the 15% of employees salaries on top of the 38%. Confused?.......you should be..... this is Ukraine, everything is designed to be confusing"

See:
http://www.expatua.com/forum/index.php?topic=9314.0

tantuss wrote:

Well.. A foreigner can be PE, but not easy.
"To take advantage of the Private Entrepreneur system you now need to have PR
After being married for two years you can then claim PR
Another option is to get married to your girlfriend, have a baby and then claim PR (as a father)"

And maybe also usefull:
"Please remember that here in Ukraine, tax laws change very quickly.
However the maximum turnover is now UAH 3m ($375,000 approx) per year and you would still only pay 5% tax if you are not a VAT payer. Yes, it's a good deal for Private Entrepreneurs. The BIG problems come when you start to employ people and start paying the the crazy 38% + Payroll taxes. Remember employees in Ukraine negotiate a NET salary, so tax is assumed to be down to the employer at all times (if taxes change it does not effect the employee....good system in Ukraine). So you need to calculate the payment of the 15% of employees salaries on top of the 38%. Confused?.......you should be..... this is Ukraine, everything is designed to be confusing"

See:
http://www.expatua.com/forum/index.php?topic=9314.0

Not quite correct.

To be a PE a foreigner does not need to have residency. Any foreigner can come to Ukraine and get registered as PE. At first he goes to a tax office and gets his tax ID within one day. Then he goes and gets registered as PE.
The real obstacle is a valid reason for being in Ukraine. For example: foreigners from one countries can be in Ukraine 90 days within 180 days without a visa. So how will they do business in Ukraine being out of the country for half a year? This is where you need a legitimate ground for being in Ukraine (residency).

As to taxes. So called single tax is not the all-time best option as it is paid out of the money turnover. That is why when you render services it is more favorable for you to be under the single taxation system and to pay % out of your profit. When you buy and resell goods you might consider the general tax to be more favorable because you buy for 9 hryvnya and sell for 10 - so your profit is 1 hryvnia but the single tax would be say 5% out of 10 hryvnyas.
There are also several types of single tax each of which has its own peculiarities... If you need to choose a tax systome suitable for you there are 2 ways:
- to go and consult with a tax officer. This is a cheap way but you will be told how you should do business from the State's point of view. And not always you want to share all your ideas with a tax officer:)
- to go and consult with a tax advisor. It is a more expensive way but you will be told how you can do business minding your own interests.