Export of Ukrainian honey

I remember someone here wanted to export honey from Ukraine. Here are interesting numbers according to the state tax service:

Ukraine exported in January - October of 2015 honey with the total cost of USD 60 mln, including USD 8.4 mln solely in October.

Main buyers:
- Germany paid USD 19 mln (31.8%);
- USA paid USD 16.9 mln (28.3%);
- Poland paid USD 9 mln (15.1%).

That is a lot of bee vomit

Hello GreyKyiv, do you know how they ship it out? From Odessa I assume. Any info on what companies do the shipping and buying?

keith841 wrote:

Hello GreyKyiv, do you know how they ship it out? From Odessa I assume. Any info on what companies do the shipping and buying?

Yes, from Odessa. But there is also another sea port in Nikolayev.
There are many logistic companies that provide shipping services. You will also need to hire a customs broker to customs clear your honey and receive a vet certificate.

BTW, I am almost confident that export of honey is free of customs duty and VAT. So basically there will be just honey price and transportation costs.

As far as I know there is not a honey factory or something like that in Ukraine. I mean that wholesale traders just buy honey from people. My friend's parents, for example, have 12 bee hives. One hine gives around 30 liters of honey. A wholesale buyer comes to them and such other bee keepers and buy honey from them.

I like it! Sounds very interesting. I know how to do all the bee keeping. I have about 85 hives now.  I just found a company in the US that would buy my Ukrainian honey. So, in your opinion, IF Russia actually invaded and took over Ukraine, would they take businesses away and houses? I mean, could they take my business away?

keith841 wrote:

I like it! Sounds very interesting. I know how to do all the bee keeping. I have about 85 hives now.  I just found a company in the US that would buy my Ukrainian honey. So, in your opinion, IF Russia actually invaded and took over Ukraine, would they take businesses away and houses? I mean, could they take my business away?

I think this way: may a nation take over your business and house after it occupies by force a sovereign country in Europe in the 21st century? I think it can if your business and house remain intact after artillery and tanks they use.

Sounds like good logic.

It is Interesting to Export Honey from Ukraine.  Could you tell me the MOQ and  cost? Do you have any information about cost, Freight, Duty tax, Clearance to India?

pkraj06 wrote:

It is Interesting to Export Honey from Ukraine.  Could you tell me the MOQ and  cost? Do you have any information about cost, Freight, Duty tax, Clearance to India?

Hi,
Price, MOQ and freight depend on a seller.
Duty tax (I guess you mean the export duty tax) is zero in Ukraine.
What exactly are you interested in clearance?
I suggest we discuss this in more details in private correspondence.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not propose your own services/products on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Keith841,

85 hives?

I have friends who can take you to several hundred here in the US.

Wayne