Ways to stay cool or get cool in the heat of Summer

There are a fair number of folk here that haven't lived in a desert or hot clime before that may be looking for some cooling relief.

The following are a few suggestions to be cool or get cool.  Please feel free to quote this, add your own and keep the suggestions coming.

1) Turn your water heater off.  This will allow the water to cool to the temp of your air-conditioned house.  Now your "hot" and "cold" taps are reversed for the remainder of the summer.

2) Close your drapes.  Seems like a simple one, but really does make a big difference.

3) For overly dry conditions, use a spray bottle and spray drapes and curtains (also good in the dry winter) to put humidity back into your air and feel more comfortable.

4) Keep a large bucket of water at the foot of your shower/tub.  A splash (or more) of cooled water when taking a shower can do a great deal in making you feel more comfortable.

5) Keep bottles of water frozen for use when running errands.  As hot as it is, the water melts fairly fast, but you have very cool (and refreshing) water while you run errands around town.

6) Cut down on sodas/colas.  Add citrus to water (lemon, lime or even orange) for a refreshing drink that is better for rehydrating you than soft drinks are.

Stay in the shade...drink plenty of good liquids.

keep your underwear in the refrigerator.

why wear any in the summer at all, anyways? i mean at home....

musicman wrote:

why wear any in the summer at all, anyways? i mean at home....

hmmmm.. I gotta remember to call first before I drop over.

:lol:

if u cant beat them, join them...

Only wear abbaya when out shopping!

^ And watch out for rising and setting suns.

This summers extremely hot no doubt but I still think we will pull through, thanks to York, Carrier, LG, Samsung, National, and the rest of the Ozone Layer hole punchers...

Sparrow wrote:

Only wear abbaya when out shopping!

No we would never fulfill this wish of yours :lol::lol::lol: