Insulin pump supplies

My wife uses an insulin pump and is concerned that she may not be able to get the supplies she needs when we retire to Cuenca. The pump is Medtronic. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

Diabetes is a problem that is common in Ecuador and treatment is a priority issues in the Ministry of Public Heath (Ministerio de Salud Publica).  Your best bet is to contact the customer service center for your manufacturer of your supplies and see if they supply to South America and Ecuador.  If they do not, find out which pump available in the South American market they would recommend, and of course confirm this with your doctor -- should you chose to change to a different supply pump system.

Hi pdxdan,

I'm just wondering if you were able to find anything out regarding insulin availability in Cuenca, Ecuador?
I use an insulin pump and I'm travelling to Cuenca shortly with my wife who's from the city.  We are visiting her family but we are thinking that we might start looking at possibly settling down here in a few years.

If you got any info, would you mind passing it on please?

regards,
Liam