Who Will Conquer Brazil?

Brazil 2014 is days away.
What is your take?
Who will be the Semi-finalists?
Who will win the the Brazil 2014 World Cup?

I predict Argentina,  Spain, Brazil, and Portugal for semifinals. That's if they don't meet each other.

Welcome to Expat-Blog Ravex.................
Definately this year is a surprise winner in the World Cup Brazil...................

Regards,
Anil

I certainly agree with you, aryavrat. There will be surprises in Brazil.

Best wishes

For me this time the cup will stay at South American Continent itself.................

One thing that I can tell you all for certain is WHO WON'T WIN THE 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP.

The Brazilian people won't! They've suffered for 7 years, given up healthcare, education, public transportation, public safety, basic sanitation systems, virtually everything that they've needed. They've been taxed out of their skins, been ignored when they complained by a govenment who simply dismisses them as being unimportant. For what?

All to bankroll FIFA and put on a show that hasn't even been organized. Stadiums aren't really ready, 80% of the mobility projects promissed have been cancelled outright or are so far behind schedule that they won't be ready until well after the World Cup is over. This event has just been shoved down their throats, whether they liked it or not. Over 50% of the population is against the World Cup and has been from the beginning. What kind of democracy is that?????

I just hope that all of you who are coming to Brazil for this event will enjoy yourselves and that you will appreciate exactly what the Brazilian people have SACRIFICED for your enjoyment and treat them with the respect that they deserve for having done so!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Hi James,
Let's hope the Brazilian people can do something about getting the politicians they and the country deserve. But I agree doing that is very often easier said than done.
El.

Hi Elwin,

I don't know where they'd get the politicians from then, because they certainly don't have them here in Brazil. The ones they've got are all the same regardless of their political stripe, and they're all corrupt.

Cheers,
James

El_Jost wrote:

Hi James,
Let's hope the Brazilian people can do something about getting the politicians they and the country deserve. But I agree doing that is very often easier said than done.
El.

Hello Elwin,

I agree with you and hope what has happened to India's recent election ,something that type of things can happened..........we have washed out the 10 years ruling party..................

Regards,
Anil

Simply put,the politicians have conquered Brazil   :whistle:

To their financial advantage and to the peoples detriment   :dumbom:

Hello all,

I would kindly advise you all to avoid talking about politics. The site is neutral on this ground and we are happy to help and give the information expats need.The topic for right now is World Cup in Brazil.

Thank you

Kenjee

That's right Kenjee, and as Brazil Expert for the Expat-blog Experts Team I would guess that my posting constitutes "fair comment" on the games here, since I have seen with my own eyes exactly what the Brazilian people have done without, had taken from them or were never given in order that the 2014 FIFA World Cup could take place here.

A World Cup that will make billions of dollars for FIFA, Football Associations, Teams and Players from all over the world, huge multi-national construction companies... and pennies for the Brazilian people. This is the true meaning of SPORTSMANSHIP?????

Cheers,

Hi,

Again let's not get into political debates.
There are already a few topics about the World Cup organisation on the Brazil forum.
Please let's try to keep that one for people wanting to talk about the competition itself.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

brazil will win

Hope this article is ok. It's about the effect football may have on Brazil's economy.  :unsure

Will Brazil Get a Kick out of the World Cup? Or a Beating?

I don't think so Brazil will Kick out but definately it will give tough competition to other teams..........winning or losing is different..........important is better game and i am sure we can have a better game from Brazil.................for me winner is Uruguay

Hi people. Are you all aware of the Ghanaian witch-doctor who said he's responsible for Christiano Ronaldo's current injury trouble?

Who ever win in Brazil, I believe it will be a  very interesting event.

Who will conquer Brazil?  The Visigoths.

Please say it's true, Mia!!! I can hardly wait until Theodosius II is marching through the streets proclaiming his new reign, things will be so much better.

MiaCulpa wrote:

Who will conquer Brazil?  The Visigoths.

As far as I know my ancestors the Goths used to play football with a human skull, or at least I think the Romans claimed that. I'm not very well up on football. Does anyone know if they still do today?  :joking:

I think football started in England......but today England is not that good team as other european teams..........

The Romans played football with the skulls of Christians.

I wonder if the Romans had have thought of having a World Cup their Empire may not have fallen.
Instead of calling out "Let the Games Begin",
one would have called "Let the Heads Roll."

Spain!

angie7227 wrote:

Spain!

:joking:

They lost very badly from the Netherlands yesterday.

I can not predict but of course I hope that the Dutch going to win. Especially when they started like this.

GO HOLLAND GO!!!

No One

One lost battle doesn't mean losing the war. I know Spain lost yesterday dramaticaly but I believe they can win :)

edwardk007 wrote:

No One

Hello edwardk007,

Welcome to Expat-Blog...........................
One way your answer is good "No One" its true also because no one  person will win but number of people in a team will win............so i agree that no one person but one team will win............ :D

Regards,
Anil

angie7227 wrote:

One lost battle doesn't mean losing the war. I know Spain lost yesterday dramaticaly but I believe they can win :)

I don't think so Spain will come up and its sure this time its not for them................

aryavrat wrote:
angie7227 wrote:

I don't think so Spain will come up and its sure this time its not for them................

Spain did it last time - and then too they lost the first match. So it still is possible.

But, I am supporting Brazil. The people of Brazil need at least that, as a consolation for what they have been through.

And they did it again  :D

I can hardly believe this but some nations are being naughty at football matches.  ;)

FIFA investigates homophobic, racist behavior from 4 World Cup nations, including Mexico

Now the Brazilians are also shouting it. LOL
Somehow I bet it's all good fun though!  :) -- PUTO

PS James, please come and explain your adopted countrymen's behaviour.  ;)

There's no explaining Brazilians when it comes to football. Don't forget this is a country where you can end up being killed for wearing the wrong team's jersey! There's a big difference in Brazilian fans and those from other nations. Just to show you what I mean, this was something I just recently posted to the Brazil Forum.

***********************************************************************************

What Japanese fans do after a football game in Brazil

http://www.paraiba.com.br/static/images/noticias/normal/1402864764455-torcedor-japones.jpg

What Brazilian fans usually do after a football game in Brazil

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eCLTA-iNdtQ/UqWzh3YaSRI/AAAAAAABR5E/dHLkrbdUcA0/s640/20131208220109813542a.jpg

These photos speak for themselves!

It's amazing the difference a little bit of education and culture can make, isn't it? I certainly hope this demonstration of civility hasn't escaped the notice of ALL Brazilian sports fans. Who knows, maybe there would be some hope for the future?

Cheers,

Nice one James!  :top:

:whistle:

Congrats on the 2 X 0 win over Chile. Were you biting your nails for a while Primadonna?

Actually I'm kind of glad Canada doesn't have a team in the World Cup, I wouldn't want to feel like a traitor because of the fact that I hate soccer so much I wouldn't even be rooting for them, much less rooting for Brazil.  :lol:

The final looks like being between Brazil v Holland, with France/Germany an alternative to Brazil and Mexico an alternative to Holland. My heart is with Costa Rica (and Iran, if they make it through), but I don't give them much of a chance.

wjwoodward wrote:

->snip<- the fact that I hate soccer so much ->snip<-

What did soccer do to you? You really hate a game??

Primadonna wrote:

And they did it again  :D

Mexico is next!  http://i59.tinypic.com/20gn1qb.gif

I'm with James on this. Who but the most partisan of sports-lovers could like a game that averages one goal every ninety minutes? Sheesh! (I'm a Rugby League man, myself. Yeah, year, boo hiss, I know!)

Meet other expats and join the events

OR