Howdy y'all

Hey everybody on this forum,

I have spent the whole of last night reading all the threads (it's 5am where I'm at) and it has been thoroughly informative. A lot of the questions swirling in my head have been answered and I sincerely thank all of you for having done that. For a small town country girl to have gone to Boston 8 years ago was a major achievement and now to move to an idyllic little island off of Africa is going to be another chapter in my life. Thanks for sharing all the pros and cons of life out there and it has left me wanting now more than ever to make the move. I ask all of you for your forgiveness in advance if I may ask some dumb questions in the future. Please put up with me. Lol. To those who replied my PM's so promptly, I am ever so grateful. What a wonderful e-community y'all have going here and it makes living on a distant shore so bearable. I do look forward to the day I can eventually come out there and meet everyone. Till then...happy trails people!

Hi Mary :)
Guess we all haveta thank Julien for having set up this wonderful site!! Most of us here have been thru the dumb question mode, so don worry, n just shoot the questions!!
Hope to catch ya here soon :D
Take care n have fun!!

Hi Musheer and thanks I will definitely hook up with everyone when I finally touch down. Dumb questions galore to come....Lol

Hi Mary, hope u will have a great trip getting here. it's a looooong way from boston.
Coming from small town USA and Boston, prepare for a culture shock :-) mostly a very pleasant one, sometimes not so when i think of the traffic, but that's the (mauritian) spice in one's life.
and if KFC is your scene you'll soon feel at home :-)
happy landing

Hi Aarbee, and yes I've been told about the traffic by another lady on the forum. 2 1/2 hours for a 60 km distance. Lol. Like you said, it's the spice in Mauritian life I suppose. I went to college in Boston but since I got pregnant I moved back to Wyoming and had my son here. And I do like KFC!!! Lol. But I'm dying to taste creole food:)

And thank you for the welcome....:)

Hi Mary and welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks so much Arlette. It sure means a lot to me.