Women and swimsuits at pools?

Hi y'all!  I'm new to Riyadh as of one week. Thanks for all the great info here!

What do women wear in the pools at compounds?

I work for a Saudi family with a private pool (shared by the large family) and the 4yr old boy is begging me to swim with him. I don't want to upset anybody...
I saw the photos of abayas at the beach, and head to toe wetsuits. I looked today at the mall and found only bikinis!?!

I packed a bikini top, leggings and a mesh dress. Scarf too? Modest enough? Does cleavage offend? I see plenty on TV!

Thanks for your input.

Also, if anyone in the DQ has a room available, please PM me!

Whatever ladies wear at compound pools (bikinis) is moot, as you will be swimming in the pool of a Saudi family.

Depends on the family, and who is at home when you swim with the boy.  Best thing is to ask the mother about what to wear and when to use the pool.

Here  you have ladies pool separate fromthe gents and you can wear bikini there.

i am out side DQ but close to DQ if you like you can check.

frtz wrote:

Here  you have ladies pool separate fromthe gents and you can wear bikini there.

not in compounds and private homes.  did you even read the original post???

Wish you all the best  :top:

Modest swimwear is called veilkini or burkini.  Check at Sport Ghornatah if they have it. One branch is located at King Fahad Rd., Olaya. You can contact them at +966 1 463 0543 or visit their website at - ghornatah.com

Intrasapien wrote:

Hi y'all!  I'm new to Riyadh as of one week. Thanks for all the great info here!

What do women wear in the pools at compounds?

I work for a Saudi family with a private pool (shared by the large family) and the 4yr old boy is begging me to swim with him. I don't want to upset anybody...
I saw the photos of abayas at the beach, and head to toe wetsuits. I looked today at the mall and found only bikinis!?!

I packed a bikini top, leggings and a mesh dress. Scarf too? Modest enough? Does cleavage offend? I see plenty on TV!

I can just LOL on this.  On the serious side, it depends on the family and compound you are working for.

Thanks for your input.

Also, if anyone in the DQ has a room available, please PM me!