Have you got what it takes?

HAVE YOU GOT THE EB SPIRIT? HAVE YOU WHAT IT TAKES?

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/Uncle-Sam_zpsccf2ac95.jpg

Are you an expat who's been living in your host country for an extended period of time and have gained some knowledge about that country that would be helpful to other expats? Maybe you're not yet an expat, but you've got some considerable experience about your homeland that will help those thinking of expatriating? Do you have the volunteer spirit that it takes to help others? If so then Expat-blog wants you!!!

I've been a member since 2010 and part of the Expat-blog Experts Team for just over two years now and I'd like to issue a challenge to members that have been here for a year or more, anyone who has the helper spirit. If you would like to participate in one of the most rewarding parts of being a member here then consider volunteering to join the Expat-blog Experts Team.

I personally put in lots of my free time, work very hard at it - but I can tell you all that it is without a doubt one of the most rewarding things that I have ever become involved in. If you've got a good knowledge about your country or host country that would be useful to others then please consider my challenge! Just think back to when you expatriated, arrived in your new country, green as grass and not knowing who to turn to or who to ask about everything you needed to know.

Well, you could be that somebody! You could be the person that is instrumental in another member's success in adapting to life in a new country. I get private messages all the time from members thanking me for my help, things like... "I'm finally here in Brazil and married to the love of my life. I don't know how to thank you for all your help and information!" You can't imagine just how good something like that can make you feel.

If you think you've got what it takes to be a good Expert on your national forum, please contact Julien, Julie or any other member of TEAM and let them know you're interested in volunteering. I'm certain they'll be more than glad to hear from you.

If you are interested in joining the Experts Team, once you've contacted TEAM they will evaluate your past activity on the forums, looking for the "quality" of the content, how helpful you're already being to other members, information you give, etc. They'll observe you in action for a while and then if you really do have the right stuff they'll invite you to become a member.

If you've been a member for any length of time then I'm sure you've seen just how much Expat-blog has grown and improved over the past year. Well you can be part of the reason for that happening too! Think about it, please.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

As usual James.... very good advice about - how to be a Member with Spirit!
I will try someday ;)

If I was not a member of the expert team I was requiring now  :top:

I like the expat logo and suitcase on his top hat.  :top:

I have been here for a while now but I'm unsure I'm an expert.....  just less green.

Perhaps William can explain a little of what is required of an expert in terms of time.

Well, actually I was a bit scared by the title EXPERTS when it got changed from ANIMATOR a while back. I thought other members might expect too much from us, but then again I wasn't crazy about Animator either, some people actually referred to me as a "cartoonist". But, my worst fears about the title Expert haven't seemed to materialize.

If you're already active on the forums; if you participate in discussions; if you give sound advice and the occasional bit of information to other members about either your homeland or host country then that's about all it takes. Every now and then you might want to post some topic that will generate discussion or like I do recipies, tips and guides - those are just suggestions however.

The time put in really depends on the individual. I'm NOT a good one to ask on that issue because I will confess right now that I'm an EB Junkie. I need a fix every few hours or I go into EB withdrawal symptoms. (not a pretty sight to see  :huh: )     Really though it all depends on the member. I think if you ask others on the Experts Team they'll say they're not online much more than they were before they volunteered.

I will say one thing here publicly and you can all hold me accountable for this later, I will offer my help to advise and mentor anybody who is a serious candidate, somebody who really thinks they've got the EB Spirit and whats to give it a try! I'll be only as far away as a PM for anybody.

Cheers,
James

Some little addition: you can count on the support of the whole team.

If I can handle it, you can too!

That's right Primadonna, none of us are alone here! We all have the support of Julien and TEAM and we also help eachother out too. Anyone thinking about volunteering is going to have lots and lots of help getting started out in the right direction. No need to worry about that.

Just one important thing I'd also like to point out...

IF YOU'RE A NATIVE SPEAKER OF SPANISH, FRENCH, ITALIAN, PORTUGUESE OR ENGLISH we have forums in each of those languages for each nation. If you want to volunteer for just one of those forums that's perfectly fine too.

Recently i got this offer from Julien and even Julie too contacted me and i accepted this offer for Congo Forum...........

Regards,
Anil

Hi Anil,

Actually several of us on the EB Experts Team recommended you. You'll be a great asset to the team.

Just remember, anything you need we're all here for you. Welcome aboard.

Cheers,
James

Wow, Champagne corks will soon be popping. Congratulations!  :one

wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Anil,

Actually several of us on the EB Experts Team recommended you. You'll be a great asset to the team.

Just remember, anything you need we're all here for you. Welcome aboard.

Cheers,
James

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much Sir..........
I don't know whether i am able to do this or not but i love to help if anything i know about the places or things which is useful for others.........

Regards,
Anil

El_Jost wrote:

Wow, Champagne corks will soon be popping. Congratulations!  :one

Thanks a lot Elwin............
But unfortunately i don't take alcohols.......... :(

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

Regards,
Anil

No you just open the bottle, we will drink it ;)

Yes i will do it............
Thanks Mal................... :cheers:

Regards,
Anil

Congratulations ! Cheer up , you have reason to celebrate dear !

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

Regards,
Anil

Yes, no problem if you don't drink. We will help you. Let's open 3 more!

All well wrote:

Congratulations ! Cheer up , you have reason to celebrate dear !

Thanks All Well.............

usmc_mv wrote:
mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

Regards,
Anil

Hahaha......... :lol:
sure now even i think its must needed  for celebration..........
Anyway thanks......

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:
usmc_mv wrote:
mal wrote:

Anyway thanks......

I keep telling the wife that they are only for celebrations, but she opens them anyway.  :)

I have not yet made but celebration already started in this Forum............

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

Regards,
Anil

No you made it dear!!!! -The Congo Expert!
Congrats :kiss:
And a big hug to my bro Farhas - The Bahrain Expert!!
And thank you James and the Team!! :)

El_Jost wrote:
aryavrat wrote:
usmc_mv wrote:

Anyway thanks......

I keep telling the wife that they are only for celebrations, but she opens them anyway.  :)

hahaha so why didnt you invite us to drink it??

Ok - I'll have to find a good reason to celebrate soon.  :)

El_Jost wrote:

when a guy needs to drink he will find a reason.
But when a reason appears, he may not like to spend money on drinking.
We can celebrate our friends' achievements!!
Will drink today you in Metzerlen and I in Colombo
You -a Wine - I -a coffee!!! :D

El_Jost wrote:

Yes Elwin now you have the reason to celebrate.................
Thanks once again........

Regards,
Anil

mal wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

when a guy needs to drink he will find a reason.
But when a reason appears, he may not like to spend money on drinking.
We can celebrate our friends' achievements!!
Will drink today you in Metzerlen and I in Colombo
You -a Wine - I -a coffee!!! :D

Thanking both of you and i too joined with a cup of tea..........

Regards,
Anil

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

Regards,
Anil

No you made it dear!!!! -The Congo Expert!
Congrats :kiss:
And a big hug to my bro Farhas - The Bahrain Expert!!
And thank you James and the Team!! :)

Thank you mal,Sir James and EB Team..........

Regards,
Anil

Meet other expats and join the events

OR