Need help! Ideas for an exciting China project topic?

Hi everyone!

Hope you can help me.

In the fall I have to hand in a project of 30 pages on a self chosen topic. As I will be living in Beijing at that time, I feel a great eager to focus on a topic related to China.

As the possibilities are endless, I hope to receive some suggestions and ideas which might help me narrow the many alternatives.

Are there any exciting trends? Evolving industries? New relationships to the global world that need attention?

I am studying branding, communications and and marketing, meaning that suggestions and ideas in these areas will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance - I hope to hear from a lot of you.

Thomas

China has developed a very strong social media platform called, in English, WeChat.

You might want to take a look at it and see how people are using it both for personal usage and for branding/marketing purposes.

Hi Manlin!

Thank you so much. Will definitely look into that!

Yes there are a lot of studies on the evolution (or lack of ) social media especially comparing other countries to China, coffee addiction could also be a topic, in the past three months 4 new cafes have opened in my area, meaning I now have 9 cafes in a 2-mile radius of my house, haha!
The creation of the headhunting/ recruitment and other such service industries could also be a topic, when I was here three years ago you rarely heard of it, now there's posters for headhunters everywhere (and I myself am interning at a recruitment company) it's definitely an up and coming area.

How about the new fad in China to dump unwanted children at drop off zones?

Not new.

They have been getting rid of unwanted kids for a long time.

Do you know how easy it is to have an abortion in China????