Ukrainian nationalists in Lviv hamper business activities.

I wish Galician regions of Ukraine or western Ukraine they call it were part of Poland. Otherwise we'll have a scaring dictatorship just next corner to us!
I started business in Lviv 10 years ago or so. It was a small café. At first I did really well but with the nationalists on the rise in power structures in Lviv my business went worse and worse, more and more problems emerging. First, they didn't like that the signs on the café in Ukrainian, Polish and Russian (the last two I had to take away after having paid a huge fine). Then the banned Polish and Russian music and number of visitors started rapidly decreasing. Now they demand that I must drop European cuisine and leave only Ukrainian one in my café.  They are threatening me with new fines! I'm nearly bankrupt due to those stupid nationalists showing up just like new little Hitlers. Fancy I've always been away from any politics !

Pity about your business. My business in Lviv thrives, and I am a foreigner. No ultras nationalists bother me, and I love very near the city center.

As for Galicia, this was a kingdom in the Middle Ages. It was then conqered by Poland, and then the Austro-Hungarian empire. Next the Poles took it back. After WWll, the USSR, took Galicia from Poland.

I find the people to be very civil and they identify much more with Europe. Most of my friends are Ukrainian and Poles. My wife is 1/3 Polish. I guess we have completely different views and experiences.

By the way, what is the name of your cafe? I just may want to buy it ... ))))

I think its called "Never Never land"..

He's a troll

Spdmon, you are quite the Gentlemen.  Nice of you to offer.  LOL.  All I can tell you that all is fine in Kharkiv.

You post the same lie verbatim.  I think you are a Russian troll. OK Boris, I will report you!

I have stacks of forum members on Expatua from Lviv, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Lughansk who tell a completely different story.

Monro - Pathetic

Complain about him. I do not know how.

In response to spdmon
Yes, I think he is a Russian troll. I disagreed with you in the past, but all in all I am still living in Ukraine (Lviv to be exact) and really see no reason to worry about nationalists here. It is one thing to disagree with someone about business climate in the country, but it is totally something else when you claim absurd things for the reasons unknown to wider audience. In that case IT REALLY IS CALLED A LIE

So how do we complain to kick him off this site? Funny, is that the best the Russians have??? .... No wonder they collapsed in '91... LMAO!

Spdmon, Is your business a cafe or restaurant?  I'll happily give you some business when I'm there in May!

Thanks. I was just poking fun at the troll who was lying about nationalists ruining his business. So I said, if he is in that bad of shape, I'll buy his cafe ... )))) I do not deal in retail. I am a wine and spirits broker. I  export bother Ukrainian and Polish vodka to the States. When in May will you be visiting and what city?

as required, I close this thread

Closed