Public transport, BP to Zalaegerzseg?

:/ What is best?  bus, train, combination?  How long a trip?

Transportation schedules can be found here:

http://menetrendek.hu/

Click on "Volán" for bus, and "Máv" for train schedules (both the main bus and train pages have English page options).

Bus is better in my opinion - they are mostly modern and comfortable. Bus would take 3 to 4 hours depending on your departure and arrival stations and what time of day or day or week you travel.

Thanks.  I enjoy bus or train, so I look forward to trying it!

I personally love trains. Been all over Europe and the US by train.

In Hungary trains are often old and slow (but there are some new ones on certain routes to the Balaton which you might get lucky and get which will get you close to Zalaegerzseg which you can complete your journey by bus).

But the train routes often transverse parts of the country off the main roads, through forests and landscapes you would not otherwise see by bus or car. And those views of Hungary really are different and quite wonderful. If you don't mind taking the extra time (maybe twice as long as by bus), and making many changes at small stations, travel by train is really a unique experience.

I guess it all depends if you are more interested in the destination or the journey.  :)

Any by the "journey" I do mean that some trains are late, you miss your connection and the "journey" turns into an excursion.  And when you start an excursion, then you really are forced to slow down and see Hungary. Some wonderful things have happened to me on excursions. I even ended up marrying one of them. :D

As an alternative, may I suggest BlaBlaCar.com - vehicle drivers advertise their routes, and will notify how many spare places they have in the vehicle ... you might be lucky & get one 'going all the way ' .....

:D Thank you so very much.

Melody