Roads in Kuwait are battlefields

Now I do enjoy Mad Max movies as much as the next person, but that doesn't mean I want to participate in the activities that can be seen there.

So yesterday I am heading north on hwy 40 minding my own business in the slow lane (like it means anything here), with the infant in the back of the car, keeping my eyes open, when all of the sudden a retard in a big-ass SUV rams into me from the driver side, swerves a bit and then takes off. I considered following him, but I did not want to put us or anyone else on the road in more danger than we already were.

After a few miles I spot him on the shoulder (probably checking his car for damage) and I stop behind him so I can take a good look at his face, but he takes off again. I should have blocked him from the front, but then again confronting an idiot like this is most of the time not the smartest thing to do, especially when angered.

I send my regards to whoever the brave person behind the wheel was and I hope he will take a good look in the mirror and hopefully feel at least a little bit of shame, which I seriously doubt.

Now that I have vented, can anyone recommend a decent car body repair shop that will not charge a fortune (it is a 15 years old car).

Stay safe, it is a battlefield out there.

I am sure many of the people reading your story will think you were reading their minds. It happens all too often with not much deterrence.

My story could have turned very violent considering the thoughts I was having at the time, but I believe I was touched by an angel.

Back to your question. I painted my whole car recently. Oven baked paint, 200 KD, polish was not bad. Place is in Sharq end of road 35 (Cairo St.), then right, then again right. Al-Falah Workshop (Not Al-Falah Car Wash which is close to the workshop) - Mr. Jamal. Here is thelocation.

If you want you could take a look at my car to see for yourself what the end result could look like. Good luck.

Thanks justfedup for the usual wise and useful post. Price sounds decent for that kind of work, I might consider it instead of doing a cheap "there i fixed it" job. I'll stop by Fahaheel first to check if I can find someone close by.

hi ribosom  :) .Sorry to hear about your incident.Many Expatriates who own cars have fallen victim to these mindless deranged driving so called monster truck madness freaks.Even if your car is insured its no use,there is a hell lot of paperwork for running around if your car is damaged.Welcome to Kuwait and nobody really cares about what happens to you whether its on the road or home.The smart thing to do is to evade and move along,why get into a brawl?You heard of the recent chain of events at Avenues and Marina mall.We are family men assuming responsibilities.Its not a shame to evade from trouble

regarding painting and denting work.There are a chain of small workshops in Canada dry street and in Sharq opposite Khaleejiyah behind Al Sayer Toyota service,Sharq.Good luck searching them there

Thanks jacob. I have also stumbled into an info about needing a police report in order to fix the car myself. If that is true, what am I supposed to do? Go to the police and report the incident?

Sigh.

Yes @Ribosom ... all you have to do is go to a police station which has jurisdiction in the area where the accident happened (some people lie and go to any police station). They will ask you a few questions, right a report and issue a repair permit for you.

Some repair shops don't ask for the paper, but it's better to have a permit, especially if you know the plate number of the car which hit you (it's easier to tell them it was a hit and run .... shorter process, but the assailant will go unpunished).

Be careful in Fahaheel, a Kuwaiti lady destroyed my car, her fault, no insurance on her Lexus, tried to make me pay for it, cops said she was at fault, I still had to pay.......my husband took it to Fahaheel and told them to replace certain parts with original parts and after it was finished we asked for the old parts only to find out he used the same part. The paint was crap and they over charge especially if you are foreign. Best bet would be Shuwaikh they seem to be better quality but I understand the distance. Just be careful and get a couple of estimates.