IPhone/Kindle usage in Lebanon

I'm moving from the U.S. to Lebanon in late July, and was wondering what kind of coverage I can expect if I bring my iPhone.  Is it worth bringing my iPhone and Kindle there? Is the coverage extremely expensive ? Internet charges ? Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I own a Kindle and there is no problem using it as long as you have internet.  Amazon's Whisper network does not work here.  So you will need to download your books onto your computer, then transfer them to your Kindle.  Also, you'll want to make sure to bring a converter box that will convert from 110 to 220 so you can charge it, as the electrical current is different here than in the States.  Without it, the only way you can charge it is through USB in your computer (which in my experience seems to take longer).  Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input. Really appreciate it.

kmarcel wrote:

I own a Kindle and there is no problem using it as long as you have internet.  Amazon's Whisper network does not work here.  So you will need to download your books onto your computer, then transfer them to your Kindle.  Also, you'll want to make sure to bring a converter box that will convert from 110 to 220 so you can charge it, as the electrical current is different here than in the States.  Without it, the only way you can charge it is through USB in your computer (which in my experience seems to take longer).  Hope this helps.

Do you own the US version or the International version of the Kindle? I need to know cos I have a UK version one

@ 420weblazeit > Can you please check well the year of a topic before posting?  :whistle:

Here again you have posted on a very old thread. This thread has been created in 2010 and the member kmarcel didn't showed up since four years already.

You might want to create a new topic on the Lebanon forum for more visibility and interaction with the active members maybe?

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: