Prices of Food increase after Tet

Anyone notice the price increase of food? Or am I having amnesia. It seems to me that my few regular eating places have price increases. This only on the daily food like Com, Pho, Hu Tieu, etc. Transport and big ticket things have not change. One of my favorite Quan Com increase about 10 to 20% after they open business after Tet. Just yesterday I notice that the serving lady is not busy anymore. She used to be busy packing and preparing lunch or dinner for customers before tet. After the price increase she is now having less customers. Is this only in D1, or HCM, or what about other cities.

Of course everything increased including except salary  :)
Especially essential commodities price. Within 5 year there is a price hike of more than double!
Not only in Vietnam but it's global  :)

You right, looks like I cannot run away from inflation globally. Malaysia experiences price increases on salts and sugar and gas late last year. After that food in restaurant and transport all went up. Now just after a month here and feeling the same old thing.

charmavietnam wrote:

Of course everything increased including except salary  :)
Especially essential commodities price. Within 5 year there is a price hike of more than double!
Not only in Vietnam but it's global  :)

Too true.