New members of the Tanzania forum, introduce yourself here

kathyfr wrote:

Hello, My name is Kathy. I am originally from the USA but have been traveling back and forth to Tanzania for the last two years. I am in the process of starting a business (as a safari tour operator) with a Tanzanian friend. I have just rented a house in Arusha, Sakina area. I live here part time right now, as I have marketing in the USA to manage.

Are there meetups in Arusha for expats? I just joined and haven't looked through all the messages. Am also hoping to see the Arusha forum start :-(

Hi Kathy..

I'm an expat myself, and I've been living / working in Arusha, Tz for the past one year and more.. When I moved here.. I had the same question in mind... And that's when I started the post on expat-blog, requesting a forum for Arusha.. ever since then, I have pushing them, asking questions, reminding them about it.. nothing has been done till date.. its quite sad that there are no forums for Arusha and thus, it just blocks out the whole idea of networking and meetups.. :(

Hope, it happens soon.. *fingers-crossed*

Cheers,
N.

Ps. My name is Nicholas, I'm from India and working here as a Graphic designer and Web developer.. :)

Hi,
William Talerico from Detroit USA. Iam aggressively searching for work in Tanzania. My wife and kids stay in Dar. Would like any assistance in finding work so that I may reunite with them.  Thanks

I think you should post it on the classifieds page, and tell what kind of job you are looking for. Because your post will easily be overlooked by people who are looking to hire.
Good luck
Lea

try advertisingdar.com or ww.zoomtanzania.com

try to search for law firms in tanzania and inquire about internship

HI Everyone
I am an Indian and assigned some official work in DAR for 3-6 month. i will be der in mid of may.
Would like to meet Expats and locals to share and exchange views.

Hi There,

Although I am new to this blog, I have been in Tanzania, Dar es Salaam for more than 05 months as at now.

I am from Sri Lanka, an Island in the Indian Ocean, it is the Pearl of the Indian Ocean. I am here to work as  a Country Manager representing  3 shipping lines, my work here is open. Well I have found Dar to be a nice place to live, with little bit of exploration when time permits gives me an idea of what Dar is all about.

No sooner I am came in I was desperate for an apartment, managed to get one bed roomed apartment in the city centre. After making friends I find that a single bed room apartment is not sufficient (I am on myself) and require a two bedroomed apartment in the not so crowded city called Upanga.

I would be pleased to hear or get advise from the experienced personnel who have been staying here for sometime.

Take Care.

Warm Rgds
Azad

Hi,
My family and I are visiting Dar es Salaam with hopes to move to Tanzania. We've been around for a couple of weeks now and we love the place.

I do have several issues on my mind. My husband and I would like to invest here and start a business. What is the business environment here like? We would like to open a media production house. Also anyone know about residency permits?

I would like to know more about this before we leave the country and see if we could start the procedures before we relocate.

Thanks for the space to share.

Hi everyone!
I'm moving to Arusha for a month from the 17th of June to the 15th of July this year, to work for a french association. I'm a little worried as I'm travelling on my own to a very unknown continent and country: I'd be glad to get some informations about it all!

Camille xx

hi guys am rachel Living in dar es salaam Tanzania. please guys help me to get a job here in dar city. am professional on teaching with a certificate of Early Childhood Education. international schools

Ok Rachel. Can you send for me your phone? I shall call you and tell you how can we meet. Thanks.

Hey there.. just a slight warning.. Please do not post your phone numbers like this in a public forum.. you're just calling for unwanted trouble for yourself.. please be more careful..

Cheers,
N.

cabibi wrote:

Hi everyone!
I'm moving to Arusha for a month from the 17th of June to the 15th of July this year, to work for a french association. I'm a little worried as I'm travelling on my own to a very unknown continent and country: I'd be glad to get some informations about it all!

Camille xx

Hi Camille,

Firstly, Karibu (Welcome to) Tanzania.. :)
Hi, I'm Nicholas.. I'm an Indian expat living and working here in Arusha for the past one year and more.. So I can give you lots of first hand experiences and tips.. :)

You still have quite sometime before you make the move, so don't be worried.. you can always post your questions below and I will try and help you with the answers..and do not hesitate to ask more questions... I'll glad help you out! :)

Cheers,
N.

Hi ,

I am in Dar es salaam , I can show you around.When you reach Dar es salaam you can contact me on +255689020544

Hi Christine
from Gulf to Armenia and now in East Africa -a professional geologist on foreign assignments on the quest of exploring minerals and metals .
great to be on this part of world -lets catch-up time again on this blog,
many thanks
cheers
s

Jambo Nicholas! Thanks for your kind answer! I won't hesitate sending you my questions!
Thanks a lot

Bye!

Camille

cabibi wrote:

Jambo Nicholas! Thanks for your kind answer! I won't hesitate sending you my questions!
Thanks a lot

Bye!

Camille

Jambo Rafiki (Rafiki is the Kiswahili word for 'Friend')..

I'll await your questions.. and patiently try to answer all of them to the best of my abilities..
And you're most welcome!

Cheers,
N.

Hi,

Im Darren , I am Irish and will be moving to Dar soon to help set up a new business venture any help on lifestyle etc would help greatly,

Regards

just moved in to Dar.. hope to have a good time

tadiwanashe2014 wrote:

just moved in to Dar.. hope to have a good time

Karibu Tanzania !! (Welcome to Tanzania)

You are welcome Rob

Hi there moved to Dar from london about 7 months for a job in a local bank. Have had an interesting experience house hunting but can safely say  I have found refuge for now.

Asante

tracymind wrote:

Hi there moved to Dar from london about 7 months for a job in a local bank. Have had an interesting experience house hunting but can safely say  I have found refuge for now.

Asante

Karibu Tanzania !! (Welcome to Tanzania)

I'm living and working here in Arusha.. I'm an expat myself.. :)

Hi every body im Ndarasio,currently im living in tz-Dar es salaam,never been abroard but am planning to move and work there,but the problem is i don't know how can find the agents to coordinate me with the companies for the job.'

Hi there,
My name is Navash and i am from Goa India. well i am new in Dar and it seems like nice place to live,

Hi Abdul,

Its really nice to know that one Indian is there to give me some input about the country. I am also planning to come to Dar due to official purpose and need to stay for around 2 years. (Moderated: off topic)

Ravi Kumar

Hi I'm Ellie,

I am originally from Kensington, London, UK but have been living in Dar es Salaam for 18 months after starting a new career (and life) here!

HI,thank you all to  be interested in Tanzania,I am Tanzanian and i am warmly welcome all to this wonderful and peaceful country full of tourist centers like Ngorongoro and Kilimanjaro where you will enjoy more on looking alot and different kinds of animals also we will share different ideas concerning our country.Beside that I am looking for employment opportunities, for those who have opportunities help me on this please I am about to complete my studies  by next month as public administrator degree holder from university of Dar es salaam my email is [email protected]

:)  Hello All. I will be coming to tanzania by the end of this month and anticipate a long term stay, atleast for two years. Would be working with the food and agriculture sector. I wish to meet other expats and nice local tanzanians

with regards

Ahmed

rocky242980 wrote:
rocky242980 wrote:

Hi I'm rajan and im from india.and in just moved to dar ea salaam

Hello there. I can't seem to send any private messages. Please kindly activate this for me. Thank you :)

You first have make a number of posts before the PM system will be activated for you. This is to stop spammers and applies to all new members. I suggest you look on the bottom of the page and click on terms and conditions and read them.

Hello and thank you. I really haven't anything I can think to ask you at.this time but will certainly use this forum when I do.

Lysa,
Greetings.
Come to Kenya, am waiting for you.
Abraham

Lykke29,

Greetings.
Welcome to Kenya, am waiting to re unite with you for better for worse.
Abraham

Bajmuso wrote:

Lykke29,

Greetings.
Welcome to Kenya, am waiting to re unite with you for better for worse.
Abraham

Thanks, but I´m not going to Kenya this time around only Tanzania.

All the best Lea

am Suzana mafunda of Tanzania,a university student 0f Dar es salaam,am taking bachelor of arts with education specialize in English and Kiswahili subjects.Am a member of the student government of the univesity for two years now,am the second year student and i have started to do my busness under Oriframe company from Sweden cosmetics for a month now.Am on learning new things every day when i get the chance to do so

Dear Suzana,
thanks for the response.
I like your profile.
Please email me your contacts thru [email protected]

Regards,
Ann

Hello and thank for this first contact.
Before I move to Tanzania I woud like to buy a used car and I need a dealer or any trustworthy person than could help me to buy a second hand land rover or land cruiser.
regards
Fred

Can you email me your. Number?

Mambo Ellie,karibu bongo? How are you fairing?

Closed