New members of the Tanzania forum, introduce yourself here

Lengai Loingwanai wrote:

i know there mount meru so beautfull

Yes however I wont live by mount meru but the hospital in downtown Arusha.

Siku njema

Hi Rosalie. How are you?....It would be nice to get to know you. Feel free to contact for any information or assistance that you may require

Hi Rosalie....Feel free to contact for any information that you may require about Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania

Hi Mclaugas, We have a Pre and Primary School in Mwanza, Ilemela. Welcome to Mwanza and feel free to pay us a visit, we are near Tunza/Malaila Beach Resorts

hi. I have been in Morocco for 4 years and moving to Tanzania at beginning of April. I will be looking for a flat in Dar. I am  British and an English teacher.Lynn

Hello. I am moving To Dar very soon. A new job came up there very suddenly.It will be a big change for me after living in Morocco for  4 years. Any tips on accommodation and ex pat meetings and social events welcome.thank you.Lynn

Hi everyone,

I am a Kenyan looking forward to move to Dar in the next 3 months or so. Currently working in the environmental field as a Remote Sensing and Geo-information Analyst. Just wondering, as an East African, do i require a permit to live and work in Tanzania, and if yes, how long would it take for me to get one? Any advice is also highly welcome  :top:
Thanks.

Bella

Hi Everyone!

I'm Cheri from Malaysia. Currently in Dar for my business. I've been here for almost 6 months now and I have a great fun here learning their culture, language and the people here. Though it wasn't easy for me at the start because of the language problem but i'm picking up bit by bit.. Have fun and welcome everyone to Tanzania... Cheerrss..  :D:cheers:

Hello friends!

I am Raj and have recently moved to DAR from Dubai. I am an Indian and I work for a household appliances company here. Have also brought my family (wife and 2 sons - 10 yr & 4 yr old).
Finding difficulty in connecting with new friends and all initial setting up of base in DAR. Mainly with respect to sons' admissions into school, local activities and community gatherings.

Would be happy to connect with good families and welcome guidance and advices on accommodating with family in DAR.

Cheers

thanks  your most welcom

Welcome to Tanzania Lyn and congratulation for the new job. Unfortunately am not in Dar at the moment but I have colleagues who could be of help. Please let me what part of Dar es Salaam you will be stationed.
Karibu sana!

Hello KuiBella
Yes you will need a work permit and I think it usully last for 1 year, not sure of the timing. I know for sure you will need a permit because was in a certaing organization and a friend of mine was working on work permit for a Kenyan friend.

Hello KuiBella once again,
Well, there two kinds of work permits, one lasts 6months and the other 12months.
goodluck

Hi Everyone!

My name is Michael and my wife and I are expats from the United States currently living and working in Mwanza, Tanzania. We keep a blog with weekly updates on our experiences. leenhome.blogspot.com/

Michael

Hi, I'm currently in London but moving to Arusha permanently (I hope) at the end of this year. Have previously lived in Moshi for 3 months but not too familiar with Arusha. Would be great to know some ppl there too to meet for drinks etc.

Thanks, Leanne

Leannekt wrote:

Hi, I'm currently in London but moving to Arusha permanently (I hope) at the end of this year. Have previously lived in Moshi for 3 months but not too familiar with Arusha. Would be great to know some ppl there too to meet for drinks etc.

Thanks, Leanne

Hi, I will be leaving late december, but contact me when you get there if you want to meet up with my sister and I. I have lived i Arusha before, so if you need anything just let me know.

-Lea

Hi Bella,
Welcome to Tanzania,
To acquire a work permit takes anything between 2 4 months depending on the the speed of the person/organisation processing it. A Class B work (working/employment) permit last for two years.
Karibu

Hi,
Work permit validation ound

HI Expats in Tanzania

I am Indian living in Mauritius for last 5 years and now more or less in Dar es Salaam and Pemba island of Tanzania for an Hotel Project as Architect and Interior Designer and will be glad to interact with fellow expats about life in Dar and Tanzania especially .

cheers
Vish

Hi,

my name is vijay, 25 year old currently in tanzania dar e salam i  have been working in east,central africa more than 3 years now but my worst exp is now with my current company in tanzania

i am looking forward you guys will have some nice suggestion for my problems

i dont know much about this Expat.com but i have gone through on this site and i found some really good information which can help me in future always

aslo i cant share my exp with others might help them

Thanks

rosalie0205 wrote:

Hello! My name is Rosalie, 27 years old from Italy. I am going to move to Dar in March for 10 months to work for the united nations.

Keep in touch :)

Rosalie

Hi Rosalie, I'm guessing, you have already reached Dar.. hope you're doing well.. :)
umm.. Im not from Dar, I live in Arusha.. Im an expat myself, living and working in Tanzania since 2013..
Im a graphic and web designer.. if I ever come down to Dar, would love to meet you in person!

Till then, have a great stay in Dar... and ofcourse, if possible.. say a lil bit more about yourself..
Cheers,
N.

Kerrin Australia wrote:

Hi,
I'm kerrin from Australia. I'm looking at moving to Arusha this year. I'm in the very early stages of this and need advice about jobs and where to live?

Would love to get in contact with people  :top: thanks

Hi Kerin.. how are doing..
Well, Arusha is a very peaceful place.. and there is a number of places in the city and lil further from the town to live.. As far as work is concerned, it would completely depend on what are you capabilities.. I could suggest you a few options, only if I knew that..

I'm an expat myself..and I live in town.. if you have any questions.. shoot them right away.. :)
Cheers,
N.

Leannekt wrote:

Thanks, Leanne

Hi Leanne,

Arusha is very different from Moshi.. compared to the number of places you can go and things you can do vice versa..
I have been living in Arusha for the past 1 year and more.. and I have often visited Moshi (work related stuff).. So yeah, Arusha is a good choice.. its a nice and peaceful place.. If you have more questions about Arusha or anything related to you moving here permanently.. do ask.. :)

Also, when you're here.. and wanna see the town and surroundings.. don't hesitate to give me a shout!
Cheers,
N.

hi.Thanks for your message. I have found a flat in Upanga, but haven't moved in yet. I must admit it is very different here and it'll take me a while to settle I think.LYnn

Lynn Harrison wrote:

hi.Thanks for your message. I have found a flat in Upanga, but haven't moved in yet. I must admit it is very different here and it'll take me a while to settle I think.LYnn

Hi Lynn,
Everything is very different there. Let me know if you need any advice or anything, it helps to be open about the frustrations that you might have.

Hope you are going to love it as much as i do ;-)

-Lea

Hi all,
My name is alara and I'm a young Australian girl.

I am currently studying law in queensland but am ready for a break and would love to head over to a place in tanzania. I am open to anywhere as long as I can find work :)

I am looking at going for 6 or so months, just to experience something different learn about new cultures have fun and meet new people.

Let me know if you are in the same boat :)

Hey Alara,

Tanzania, is a beautiful country and the people are very friendly.. they have a strong cultural background as well... Im an expat living and working in Arusha, and I have completely enjoyed my stay for the past 1 year and counting.. If you are looking for a job in your field.. I would suggest you try your luck in East African Community in Arusha.. they do offer internship to law students.. I feel, it would be a good exposure for you! :)

If you need more information.. please feel free to ask, would be happy to help you out!

Cheers,
N.

Tach,

just moved with my wife from Bangkok to Zanzibar near the Airport (what a difference in terms of living lol) and don't know yet how long we'll stay.

6 month, 1 year or more? Can't say yet but would be nice to meet some Expats here!

Cheers
Olli

Karibu zanzibar. Maybe you should post the request on the zanzibar blog, you might have more luck finding expats there.
-Lea

Asante sana Lea, Post is done.

Hi friends am Abdullah want to move to Dar'assalam to establish my bussiness over there mid of this,I welcom your advices.tanx.

Hi All,

Arrived to work in Tanzania and in Dar a week ago, after couple of countries for the last 10 years. Feel ... almost at home !
See you here or around,

Cheers and all the best.

:) hey!am Jeanpaul living in Singida due to work but my home of domicile is Ngara.I like friendships

Thanks for the advice N Ill be sure to enquire about the law internship,

have a nice day :)

Welcome to tanzania

i can see you there maybe do you have partner here you alone

Alara johnson 92 wrote:

Thanks for the advice N Ill be sure to enquire about the law internship,

have a nice day :)

you too.. :)

I am by the name Moise bosaba pelamani, l am 30 years old, i am maried and i have 2 (two) children. I live in Dar es salaam. I am a teacher by professional.

Karibu Moise bosaba pelamani.. :)

Hello, My name is Kathy. I am originally from the USA but have been traveling back and forth to Tanzania for the last two years. I am in the process of starting a business (as a safari tour operator) with a Tanzanian friend. I have just rented a house in Arusha, Sakina area. I live here part time right now, as I have marketing in the USA to manage.

Are there meetups in Arusha for expats? I just joined and haven't looked through all the messages. Am also hoping to see the Arusha forum start :-(

Closed