Confusion about the dependent visa for my spouse

Hi,

My company would be relocating me to Equador on a work assignment for 2 years. So i would probably be getting the Work Visa (Work Visa, Category 12-VI). (correct me if i am wrong)

The actual question is - What type of visa would my spouse be getting and will she be able/allowed to take up employment there.?

Thanks.

Is this company not offering any kind of visa assistance? If so, that's not a good sign.

Without company visa assistance when working internationally, the process is a sharkpit for the 'trailing spouse'. If I were you, the very first thing I would do is approach the company with this issue. If they don't give any kind of satisfactory feedback, you might want to reconsider their international offer.

I think Gardener has it right -- this is something that should be handled by your employers' HR folks. When I've worked outside my country (as a consultant on short-term assignments), visa questions have been handled by the firm bringing me in.

You are right, the visa 12Vl is working visa.
Is your company aplying the visa for you or you will do it by yourself?

Here a list of requierements:

http://cancilleria.gob.ec/visa-12-vi-trabajo/?lang=en

People who can apply:

High tech leveled professionals, specialized workers; presidents or managers, representatives that are called by the businesses; institutions or people established in the country, to carry out temporary jobs of their specialties or with industrial training and their closets relatives within the second degree of consanguinity and first of affinity.

Application form of visa requirement with original colored photograph, passport size with white background. Form can be found in the web page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Integration.
For the case of visas 12 –VI, 12-VII y 12- VIII a written petition must be presented, signed by the business, institution or organization that sponsors addressed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Integration.

Original passport with a validity time of at least six months and migrationŽs seal of the last entry to Ecuador.
Original and 2 legible copies of the paper of identifications of the passport and migrationŽs seal of the last entry to Ecuador.
For shelter visas of the closest relatives, legalized or apostille marriage and/or birth certificate must be attached.
All document in a foreign language must be translated and have the signature recognition of the translator before a public notary.  When the translation has been done abroad, it must be legalized or apostille before an Ecuadorian Consulate in the country of origin. The translation can also be done in Ecuador. The translator cannot be an interested party of the process.
Curriculum vitae that proves suitability of the foreigner.
Articles of incorporation of the company registered in the Commercial Register.
Current certificate of the sponsorŽs RUC.
Current and valid certificate issued by the Superintendence of Companies that the paid-in capital is $12,500 dollars of the United States of America (Official Record. Not 504, August 02 2011).
Nomination of Chairman, General Manager or agent, registered in the Commercial Register.
Current and valid certificate proving no pending obligations with IESS.
Certificate of the fire brigade.
Municipal Patent Certificate.
In the case of employment contracts, you must submit, in addition,  a labor authorization issued by the Ministry of Labor Relations and a work contract inscribed in the Directorate of Labor.
In case of appointment of the Chairman, manager or agent, you must submit in addition, said appointment inscribed in the Commercial Register and attach the certificate of labor does not require approval, which is issued by the Ministry of Labor Relations.
In the event of civil contract for the provision of professional services, you must submit the contract registered in Civil Courts or notary and university diploma apostilled or legalized in the country of origin. The diploma should be translated into Spanish, in case of being in a foreign language and submit the certificate of labor do not require authorization issued by the Ministry of Labor Relations.
In the event that a foreigner is transferred or sponsored of Ecuador, it shall submit in addition: the original letter of sponsorship or relocation granted by the parent company, apostilled or legalized in the country of origin. Must be translated into Spanish, in case of being in a foreign language.
Important.

Article 22 of the Immigration Law. – Officers of the Department of the Ecuadorean Foreign Service and the General Directorate of Immigration will have broad powers to require verification of the statements submitted in all applications for visas and other immigration documents and to ensure and investigate the facts of any of the causes of exclusion provided by the Immigration Law.

Note.- When presenting documents, they should be submitted according to the requirements established on this page.

Visa Validity: Maximum 2 years (renewable).
Entries: Multiple
FEES:
- Visa requirement: 30 dollars
- Visa: USD 200 dollars
- Dependants: 50 dollars each.

Procedure is personal