Soon to be

I hope to be moving to al jubail in about four months. What can u tell me, if anything about how things work, good and bad, my wife is on the fence about coming. Need to be able to put some of her fears to rest

Best advice here is to research the many blogs and forums describing life in the Magik Kingdom!  99% of any questions you could think of have been answered ad nauseum on the web.  Check out all the forum categories here on EB and then checkout Expatarrivals.  They have an extensive write-up on "arriving" here and what it takes to settle in, covering everything from customs & courtesies to salary negotiations, healthcare, schools and accommodations.  EA is a finite resource, finite in that it doesn't seem to be updated very often, but the information is quite extensive and very helpful.  It was where I started and then branched out to EB and Internations.

Google is your friend.  Do your research and then get on EB and ask questions.  For what it's worth, my wife was hesitant, too.  Now she can't wait to arrive.

Good luck,

Rigger

Thanks for the info

welcome baron >> will first aljubail is one of the modern cities in saudi arabia its the place of the best companies in the oil field so you will find a lot of high educated saudi and foreign employee. its quite city in the night and the weather is hot in general especially in the summer. about the concern of your wife if its about the safety then i can assure that you will not face any problem the country and the city are safe even if its late in the night but if the concern is about fun i think you will have some boredom especially if she like outside activities but with time and knowing the city you will find your way >>> hope to you the best