QUEIRIES REGARDING JOB IN Nairobi, Kenya

I have been offered a job in Kenya & they are paying 1500 USD + Food +Accomodation. Is this Remuneration sufficient for a single guy to survive..? is it possible to save anything in that..?? Would be waiting eagerly for responses. & how much tax is deducted ..???

wish could get some replies...to my post

Hello, if you are getting food and accomodation,then I would sai it is indeed enough and you might even save depending on your lifestyle- going out and petrol aare some of the big expenses. All th best!

Hi..Thanks for the response wanted to know how much tax would be deducted from the salary...?? any idea...

Sorry I did forget about tax, which is 30%
here is more info

http://www.kra.go.ke/incometax/pdf/PAYEGuide2009.pdf

Thanks for all the info..! Last question for now is 1300 Shillings per month sufficient for medical expenses as the company is offering that much only.

Is 20000 Shillings per month enough for accomodation & fooding for a single person in Nairobi..

budget 30k for food and accomodation ,save the rest as you could invest still here as you work or back at home

I know that it is abit late to post a reply....If you are not the kind of person to live large,that should be okay.Many middle class Kenyans earn around that amount.A one bedroom house in a nice clean secure place will go for roughly KSH 16000,lunch in the central business district(cbd) will cost you roughly ksh200, but once you get to used to the place you could get cheaper places...medical is abit expensive and the price varies with the hospital you will be visiting.
Be ready for culture shock but many kenyans are very friendly and welcoming.
Tax is deductions are around 30% as u had been told but if u not yet here,i could get someone send you all the deductions in your payslip.

Hi Friends,

I have been offered a job in Nairobi , (Salary 1400 USD Net + Accommodation + Car ) I'll be shifting alone for 7-8 months and later my wife will join me.

is this a good offer? will i get to save any money?

Guys ....Need your advice on this...

Sounds okay