This is Chiru here - USD 6000 per month + accommodation + car. deal?

I am offered a job with a private firm at Nairobi with a net monthly package of USD 6000 + furnished accommodation + car. Is this a decent salary to live comfortably(we are family of two, me and my wife) at Nairobi?What could be monthly saving potential?

Chiru Chiks wrote:

I am offered a job with a private firm at Nairobi with a net monthly package of USD 6000 + furnished accommodation + car. Is this a decent salary to live comfortably(we are family of two, me and my wife) at Nairobi?What could be monthly saving potential?

Welcoe to EB.... :) 

Whilst waiting for others to get back to you I suggest that you read through the posts in the forum categories list, upper right had side of this page. 
For cost of living try www.numbeo.com

Hello Chiru and welcome on board :)

To get a decent overview of the Cost of living in Kenya, please check out this thread : Cost of living in Kenya – 2015

So as to be able to compare your salary offer with others, please review the threads here : Cost of living in Nairobi

Regards
Kenjee

Hi
If this is your net salary, that means all tax deductions would be borne by the company.
In addition, you will also be provided with a house and car.
The only expenses that you will, hence, need to bear would be electricity, water, cable tv, house help and your daily grocery expenses. This should be manageable within $600 to $700 per month. Your entertainment expenses such as going out for movies or restaurants etc. would of course depend on your interest in such activities.
Your net savings, hence, should be easily about $5,000 p.m.
Welcome aboard.

Thank u so much. Helpful info.  :)

Hi Chiru
This seems to be a very decent salary since the costs for you would be only school which could range between 300-500 Usd per month for both the kids its a good deal.(The cost of housing and car are the biggest expnses which is taken care )Nairobi is a good place with weather quite good.The cost of licing is slightly highre than other eats african countries in terms of provision veg etc but overall you can save if around 4500 easily All the best

Thank u Arjun ji.

hi... this is Vinutha from Bangalore too, residing here in Nairobi... USD 6000 is a very descent salary for the livelihood in Nairobi... Unlike in India, life here is much comfortable even with a lesser salary... one can lead a luxurious life over here.... climatic condition is very nice and lot of Indians are based here... In my opinion, one should never miss an opportunity of being here..... Welcome ! :-)

Thank u Vinutha Ji

Hi chiru. Congratulations for the offer. Yes 6000 usd is pretty decent to live in Nairobi. Is it a job in IT. Which area you are planning to live in.

Let me know if you need more details. I am also working here.

Swapnil

Hi Chiru,
First I wish I was in your shoes.
$6000 translates to around 600000 KES at the current exchange rate.
That amount can offer you a decent living given that your expenses will only be on household items and food. For a flashy lifestyle you could save upto $3000 but otherwise if you are frugal enough it could be $4000 or more.