we are new members from canada looking to move to belize. we need all the info we can get on how to do this, finding a realtor, what to expect, what the health care is like etc...any info is much appreciated.

Hi sunnyskies1,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I think that you may find some interesting information if you can browse through the discussions available on the Belize forum, so i encourage you to do so.

I also suggest you to have a look to the Real estate in Belize page.

Wish you good luck :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Thanks for the info. I found the belize forum, I'm excited to read what they have to say!

Hello and welcome to the Expat.com.... we will be retiring to Belize this August and presently live in Niagara Falls, ON, I would be happy to help answer any questions you have that I can.
E-mail me at [email protected]

My best advice to you would be to please consider renting for at the very least the first year, by doing so you can take your time to really look around the country and find an area that truly makes you happy.

It is easy to buy property in Belize seem everyone is trying to sell property but while it may be easy to buy, it is not easy to sell and recoup your investment. Consider this... what if after you purchase your property it is not all it was cracked up to be, i.e: noisy neighbors, crime, too far from amenities etc.

Donna