Invitation to prediction contest

At the moment of this writing, there are 922,612 forummers here.
When do you think membership is going to swell past 1,000,000?

The first three persons with the highest accuracy who posted their prediction earliest will receive a prize (a US$26 e-book) from me.
Participation is open to anyone including moderators, EB members, serial expats, active members or the casual commentator.

John C. wrote:

The first three persons with the highest accuracy who posted their prediction earliest will receive a prize (a US$26 e-book) from me.
Participation is open to anyone including moderators, EB members, serial expats, active members or the casual commentator.

Hello Sir,

Here comes the first prediction to this topic ---within Jan to Mar 2015.

Regards,
Anil

Hello everybody,
In all fairness, predictions should refer only to a specific month and year, not like the one above.

(Edit added: for instance, 3rd week in May 2014 will have priority over May 2014 if it comes true in the 3rd week in May.
Also, your post must not be edited ...  ;)
Thank you!)

(Edit added: the contest is open until membership comes up to 970,000 NOT until it reaches such high numbers as 989,000 when the probabilities of guessing right increase a lot).

Hello Sir,

Now my prediction is Last week of Mar 2015

Regards,
Anil

2nd week in March! :P

according to my crystal ball, 1M will be achieved on 4th week of September 2015

3rd week of March

mal wrote:

Dear Ms. Mal,
This is a short note to inform you that, since you are not an expat (as you self-confessed on the other thread), the contest jury had to deliberate for several stressful hours whether to accept your prediction or not.
Since there are not too many replies, the jury decided to accept you provided you alert your contacts to this wonderful topic.
The author of this thread, Mr. John C., realized you already noticed something important that made you post such a prediction which looks more likely to happen.
Thank you, and don't forget about the alert requirement above.

its greatt!!!

sharma999 wrote:

its greatt!!!

OK, thank you.  :)
When do you think this web site is going to hit the 1M members?

mal wrote:

Hey Mal you mean to say in 2014 2nd week of march...

memy89 wrote:

3rd week of March

Hi memy89, 3rd week of march in 2014 or 2015

aryavrat wrote:
mal wrote:

Yep anil, it is 2nd week of March, 2014
But John try to cut me off telling I have no rights to contest...so I am feeling bad :(

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:
mal wrote:

Yep anil, it is 2nd week of March, 2014
But John try to cut me off telling I have no rights to contest...so I am feeling bad :(

Mal, I never said you have no rights to participate.   :mad:  The contest special jury said that and the board of directors decided to let you participate provided that you alert your contacts to this game.
On top of that, my secretary posted a note letting you know that I, by looking at your prediction, was already aware of the secret you used to give your guess. (Which is nothing bad either).
So where are your contacts and what work have you done to increase participation?
And why your feeling bad was intended for me to feel bad?
Why don't you want to win, even if it's a US$26 e-book?

(John C. to himself: why with Earthians there is a pattern where somebody alone always invents something new, original while the others are always hard to catch up with the times, or to turn their nose to, or to belittle it, or to refuse it completely? Don't they know they are actually helping the great man be great faster than he can make himself great by himself?)  ;)

July 16th 2014 - midday  :)
Nice idea - I didnt realize so many members

Hey John... most probably it may be in the 2nd week of Feb, 2014 J (within 10-16 February)

John C. wrote:

Hi John C

i think maybe it can happen in first week of August 2015.
I will pray for my self lol  :D
Miraj

mal wrote:

Hey John... most probably it may be in the 2nd week of Feb, 2014 J (within 10-16 February)

You are changing your stand mal,if John Sir will allow you then i will also change my prediction because my earlier is going to be wrong.....First week of April 2014...haha :D

aryavrat wrote:
mal wrote:

You are changing your stand mal,if John Sir will allow you then i will also change my prediction because my earlier is going to be wrong.....First week of April 2014...haha :D

No, Anil, Sir John, the Chairman of the contest, does not allow it.  :mad:
Abusers will receive only the front and back cover of the e-book but not the contents.  :cool:

I will not contest for this any more :(
Remove me! :(

We have to see it from realistic point. When number increase even a small number makes a big difference.
Here we got 922,612 forum members and to reach milestone of 1 Million we need 77388 more members
which in itself is a monstrous.

I got no idea when these website started. Assuming it started last year and now have a member of 922612 which means, on average, 76884 signed up every month.
If people have same level of interest in this webpage then this mark will be reached in maximum of 2 month period which is somewhere around last of March.

My guess is that our millionth member will register on Friday, February 14th, 2014 to make Valentine's Day one in a million! hehehehe

wjwoodward wrote:

My guess is that our millionth member will register on Friday, February 14th, 2014 to make Valentine's Day one in a million! hehehehe

:(  Feb. 14 passed and no 1M forummers.
The number is only 957 966.

Ok John, rub it in! As you yourself mentioned, my friend, I'm a wordsmith....hahahaha. I'm not a soothsayer, mystic or Nostradamus! LOL

BTW, is it too late to choose another date? hehehehehe

My uneducated guess would be April 2014.

I say it will be in the last week of February 2014. :)

wjwoodward wrote:

Ok John, rub it in! As you yourself mentioned, my friend, I'm a wordsmith....hahahaha. I'm not a soothsayer, mystic or Nostradamus! LOL

BTW, is it too late to choose another date? hehehehehe

Hi James, :)

1). Every wordsmith must have some expectations and projections to work with. ;)
It is clear to me now that you are a poet at heart, but hey, sometimes you must take a break and let the accountant in you to surface to gasp for air.

2). Yes, it's too late to choose another date. :nothappy:  The other contestants and readers will see you are cheating in public with my approval.  You can cheat in private as much as you like, but – as a gentleman - not in broad daylight, not in public and definitely not in an official contest of this importance.  :top:

(edit added: And one more thing James.  You cannot ask for another date!  Remember? This is not a dating web site ...  ;):lol: )

3). Don't be sad about your lost bet!
I have other aces up my sleeve and more contests will follow where you can take part.  Please sharpen your claws to grab one the first three prizes. :cool:

stumpy wrote:

My uneducated guess would be April 2014.

Hi Stumpy, :)
Uneducated guess is better than no guess at all.  :top:

I guess so... :)

Farhaz wrote:

I say it will be in the last week of February 2014. :)

Hello Farhaz, :)
Thank you for participating!
Please invite your forummer contacts to cast their vote here.  :par:

stumpy wrote:

I guess so... :)

Hi Stumpy again, :)

You too, please invite your contacts to post their guesses here!
At 2,000 posts like yours already, I think you have lots of contacts, not to say, that I realize you - as a Tiger - are up onto something. :cool:

The 1Mth member did not sign up as yet.

I am sorry to announce that nobody won this contest.

The maximum number of members set as threshold was 970,000 and it was hit Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, my time, but not the one millionth member.

The contest is now officially closed.

Thanks to all the forummers who participated.

Watch for new contests to be announced.

Hello Sir,

You can close it but there are people who have predicted july 2014 march 2015...etc...

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

Hello Sir,

You can close it but there are people who have predicted july 2014 march 2015...etc...

Regards,
Anil

Hi Anil, :)

The prediction for March 2015 is useless, and the one for July 16th 2014 - midday belongs to Rosy Diver (see post #15) is the only one still open.
The mistake was to specify the exact date because it decreases the chances of the 1Mth member to come right on the dot.  The better option would have been to say '3rd week in July 2014'.

You are right Sir...........

This is going to be a great moment for Expat-Blog that within two or three days the target of 1 million will be fulfilled.........

aryavrat wrote:

This is going to be a great moment for Expat-Blog that within two or three days the target of 1 million will be fulfilled.........

There are 996 268 members at the time of this post.
I hope the 1Mth member won't come right on April's Fool's Day.  :o

I thought the maximum number of members is set at 970,000.

Farhaz wrote:

I thought the maximum number of members is set at 970,000.

No Farhaz, As Sir John C told its closed to touch the 1 millionth figure may be by tommorow or day after....

Hello Sir,

Might be true and if it happens then people will say we are making Fool...April Fool....

Regards,
Anil

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR