Looking to meet expats in Ecuador Feb 4th - 18th

Hi there fellow expats!  I'm an almost 40 y/o Woman originally from England, I've been in the U.S. with my American hubby for 16 years.  We now have an 8 year old daughter and 7 year old son, as well as 3 beloved canine children!

We'll be visiting Ecuador between February 4th and 18th to explore the Country in search of a place to emigrate to. All being well, we'll find a place to land, and come back with our family in April.

On our February trip we'd love to meet other English speaking expats that would be willing to meet with us and share their stories.

In rough order we'll be visiting Quito, Otavalo, Cotacachi, Ibarra, Urcuqui, Guachala, Guayaquil, Cuenca, Loja, Malacatos, San Pedro de Vilcabamba, Vilcabamba, Yangana and Catacocha. 

We'd love to meet you, and if anyone has any info on recommended transportation between these destinations, and cheap but decent hostels / b&b's it'd be greatly appreciated. 

We have an Aquaponics business in the U.S. that we may re-create once settled in Ecuador.   We're interested in permaculture, sustainable / regenerative solutions and technologies, and would like to eventually create a sustainable, intentional community...

:one

WOW 14 days, 14 cities.  You should at least have the transportation figured out.

Boy, that's like the old movie, if its Tuesday it must be Belgium...  You might want to further define if you are looking for a big city (Quito/Guayaquil) mid size (Cuenca) or small (Cotocachi).  Or mountains or coast... and then use your tme to explore the places that fit your criteria.  I think you will see a lot of Ecuador.  Not sure you will know a lot as to where to move.  Just my two cents.

Mike

Depending on your exact schedule, we can meet you either in Guayaquil or Quito.  Your schedule looks awful tight.

Hector & Noelia

when in Cuenca stop in at the Coffee tree ( presently under going name change etc) Calle Larga Y Presedente Borrero. Favorite hang of the "Gringo" crowd around 11-2pm daily.

Hola:
Let me introduce myself, my name is Marthy, I moved to Ecuador almost 3 years ago, live in Cumbaya, if you need to meet English speaking people I would love to do so,totally bilingual if you need any help in Quito let me know. Me and my husband Juan de Dios love to help others and meet people. Bienvenido a Ecuador!, you would love it!.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything, my phone number at home is 01159236046566 and my cell 0999276295.
If you need a driver in Ecuador I have someone with a taxi who is very reasonable and can help you to go to Otavalo and some other places that you would like to see here in Quito, and may be Mindo (natural resource) lots to see around here.

Good luck and hope to meet you, we have an small group of expats here in Cumbaya.

Too bad I am not moving there til April.

that's a lot of travel in 12 days...you might be wise to trim down your list a bit...happy to meet you and help in Cuenca!  namaste,  Louis

Hello,

I live in Cuenca and I will be glad to meet you and talk about live here. I know both local and expat communities and have children too.
One advice, I think you want to visit many places in a short time, notice travel from Quito to Guayaquil or Cuenca takes 5, 6 hours by road. 

Good luck
Vinny

@beadwindow

You have posted your dissatisfaction and complaints with Cuenca in at least 3 or 4 different threads. We get that you didn't like it. We get that you moved to Mumbai where you are much happier.

So I think your work is done here. No need to continue the bashing, ok? It just adds a negative atmosphere which is unpleasant.

Enjoy your new home,
Gardener1

I agree!  Leave this site, beadwindow, and enjoy Mumbai!  Everybody has different opinions and experiences.  Yours just don't fit here.

Hi all,

Please lets cool down and keep on sharing useful information, to help other members. ;)

Regards,

David.