Who wants to visit Russia?

Hello! I'm Vasily from Russia. Where would you want to visit Russia? Moscow, Saint Petersburg, river Volga, Sochi and Black sea, Ural mountain, Siberia, Baikal and etc.

Hello Vasilly,

I am ready to visit all the places you have written and even which you have not mentioned within Russia.....But boss all expenses will be from yourside ....though you are asking who wants to visit Russia----my answer is I wants but with your expenses.... :D

Anyway welcome to Expat-Blog.

Regards,
Anil

me too and as you said  Anil Vasily will pay  :D

mervat wrote:

me too and as you said  Anil Vasily will pay  :D

Ya sure...some other people may be joining us later

Visiting those places in Russia would be a great adventure...surely it's going to be exciting but quite expensive...I'll probably go when my online business takes off...might be a good idea, actually, to consider Russia as my next target country to expand!

Russia spans over 10 (how many?) time zones. It will take a long time to explore them all.
Better move there permanently.  :)

Vasily150 wrote:

Hello! I'm Vasily from Russia. Where would you want to visit Russia? Moscow, Saint Petersburg, river Volga, Sochi and Black sea, Ural mountain, Siberia, Baikal and etc.

Yeah, well, we always promised ourselves we'd go back one day, but we've never made it, and it's probably too late now. We (wife now, merely a female companion at the time) spent ten days driving from Finland to Moscow and out to Poland in 1965. I blogged about it in January 2012 ("Russian Roulette"), and about some other incidents in a couple of later posts in my T-for-Travel series. What we found then must have very little similarity to what the places are like now, of course! Those were the days when foreign visitors were limited to specified roads and stops. We were once (politely) chased back onto the highway by a motorcycle cop who happened to see us picnicking on a hill a hundred yards off to the side. I assume it's not like that any more, Vasily!

Gordon Barlow wrote:
Vasily150 wrote:

Yeah, well, we always promised ourselves we'd go back one day, but we've never made it, and it's probably too late now. We (wife now, merely a female companion at the time) spent ten days driving from Finland to Moscow and out to Poland in 1965. I blogged about it in January 2012 ("Russian Roulette"), and about some other incidents in a couple of later posts in my T-for-Travel series. What we found then must have very little similarity to what the places are like now, of course! Those were the days when foreign visitors were limited to specified roads and stops. We were once (politely) chased back onto the highway by a motorcycle cop who happened to see us picnicking on a hill a hundred yards off to the side. I assume it's not like that any more, Vasily!

Hello Gordon,  :)
You seem to be a sympathizer of communism since you visited Romania and Russia only during the time the oppressive regime was in vogue.
Or was it because you wanted to sweep your sweetheart off her feet and get her to marry you?

Russia is a great place; it needs traveling by private RV from time zone to time zone.
I only wonder why people over there do not want to be as free as when USA began to take shape 300 years ago?
Many things changed in Russia from 1965, with more changes to come, and one visits there for the new spirit that now is free, like a genie out of the bottle ...  :top:
Freedom is something one does not know about. He learns it. I did.

John C. wrote:

Hello Gordon,  :)
You seem to be a sympathizer of communism since you visited Romania and Russia only during the time the oppressive regime was in vogue.

Nothing like that, John! In my adventurous youth I went adventuring, that's all. I learned that Police States were safe places for foreign visitors, and never felt under any serious threat in the USSR, or any of its satrapies, or any country in the Middle East. Or even Papa Doc's Haiti in 1966, which I blogged briefly about in July last year. In retrospect I should probably have boycotted the entire Russian Empire on principle! I knew a lot less about politics back then, than I do now.

Haiti today would be too dangerous to backpack in, and those Middle East countries with a grudge against Westerners - and I'm sorry to say the USA is also on my no-visit list, because of the fallout from its Global War of Terror. How times change, eh?

Gordon Barlow wrote:

...  In retrospect I should probably have boycotted the entire Russian Empire on principle! I knew a lot less about politics back then, than I do now.

Hello Gordon,
Exactly,  :mad: your US$1,000 in 1965 money went a loooooong way for communists to build their utopia, not to say that you were finger pointed to as a friend of the proletariat ....
I hope you confessed all your sins to some priest by now ...  :/

Now seriously speaking, I really hope for all Earthians to want to be free without stepping on other people's tail who also want to be free ...
CAPITALISM ALL THE WAY!  :top: in Russia too ...

Suggest me a good place to visit .. I got only 5 days to spend ...😊

John C. wrote:
Gordon Barlow wrote:

...  In retrospect I should probably have boycotted the entire Russian Empire on principle! I knew a lot less about politics back then, than I do now.

Hello Gordon,
Exactly, your US$1,000 in 1965 money went a loooooong way for communists to build their utopia, not to say that you were finger pointed to as a friend of the proletariat ....

To make up for my sin, I'm boycotting today's Evil Empire - the USSA, as we dissidents call it. The same judgment applies to the US today as applied to the Soviet Empire back then - people, wonderful; government, nasty.

John, you may be amused by a blog-post of mine from last November, called "A weekend in Cuba". Here's an extract to whet your appetite:
'Cuban nationals in ramshackle boats wash up in Cayman from time to time; but no refugees from the American camp ever do. Independent Cuba may, arguably, be the less oppressive place...  As the preacher said, “To every thing there is a season...”'

Gordon Barlow wrote:
John C. wrote:
Gordon Barlow wrote:

Hello Gordon,
Exactly, your US$1,000 in 1965 money went a loooooong way for communists to build their utopia, not to say that you were finger pointed to as a friend of the proletariat ....

To make up for my sin, I'm boycotting today's Evil Empire - the USSA, as we dissidents call it. The same judgment applies to the US today as applied to the Soviet Empire back then - people, wonderful; government, nasty.

John, you may be amused by a blog-post of mine from last November, called "A weekend in Cuba". Here's an extract to whet your appetite:
'Cuban nationals in ramshackle boats wash up in Cayman from time to time; but no refugees from the American camp ever do. Independent Cuba may, arguably, be the less oppressive place...  As the preacher said, “To every thing there is a season...”'

Hi Gord, :)

1). I wanted to corrupt you and invite for beers together with W. J Woodward (Brazil moderator & Canadian Don Juan), but he said he does not drink alcohol (mind you, after he drank lots of it and developed high tolerance in the Canadian snow ... Just for you to know my news since we posted here).

2). I am amused by many things but not your blog which only shows me how much you love to write ...  :)

3). Cubans stopped escaping from Cuba, while Americans started grossly flocking to Caribbean shores.  No, it's not because it's high touristic season at this time of the year.
It rains with American expats down here where I am.

4). Same judgment applies to US today?  The same applied to the Roman Empire.
Earthians have a mental complex: they do not like what others do to them; they always want to do something onto others.

5). I think I found out why you visited Russia to begin with and why - even after 50+ years from your last visit there - you still are nostalgic about it: vodka.
Since James does not drink alcohol, we can share it only between the two of us.  Vodka is to be shared with as few friends as possible or we won't be getting the right amount to get in high spirits.  Right???  ;)
How do you find Russian vodka imported in Caymans: good like the one in Russia?  :/

John C. wrote:

How do you find Russian vodka imported in Caymans: good like the one in Russia?  :/

John, the last thing I would have done in Russia in 1965 was to risk getting caught drunk on vodka while in charge of a motor vehicle. Anyway, our budget during that trip was a very strict one, and we didn't even attempt to buy any. Bad enough that we smuggled in black-market money, and apples from Finland.

Gordon Barlow wrote:
John C. wrote:

John, the last thing I would have done in Russia in 1965 was to risk getting caught drunk on vodka while in charge of a motor vehicle. Anyway, our budget during that trip was a very strict one, and we didn't even attempt to buy any. Bad enough that we smuggled in black-market money, and apples from Finland.

Aha, you learnt how to italicize and I found out you went to Russia with smuggled money from Finland.  What if Interpol reads these posts?
There is a streak of a smuggler in you ...  :D
I never said for you to drink while driving.
But you still did not answer if the vodka you buy in Caymans is as good as the one at the source: Russia.
I believe that the main reason you did not drink too much in Russia is because you knew you could not compete with the locals.  :lol:

Hey Vasily you have asked a question,tempted all of us and disappeared....

aryavrat wrote:

Hey Vasily you have asked a question,tempted all of us and disappeared....

Haa, ha, Anil,  :D
He decided to become an expat ... where?  :unsure

John C. wrote:

Aha, I found out you went to Russia with smuggled money from Finland.  What if Interpol reads these posts? There is a streak of a smuggler in you ...  But you still did not answer if the vodka you buy in Caymans is as good as the one at the source: Russia.

The answer is that I don't drink vodka here and I never did in Russia. The background to our Eastern adventure is at this link, titled "Russian Roulette". http://barlowscayman.blogspot.com/2012/ … lette.html

I have always wanted to take a Volga River cruise.

definitely!!!!!!

I might want to visit the Black Sea and the Russian Far East someday. I would like to see the Volga River also

Rick

I was stationed in Karlsruhe Germany in 1987 and 1988 while in the American Army. I also worked on a construction project in Heilbronn while in a Engineer unit.

I would like to visit Russian and other parts of Eastern Europe like Poland and the Czech Republic.

Rick

RickWa66 wrote:

I was stationed in Karlsruhe Germany in 1987 and 1988 while in the American Army. I also worked on a construction project in Heilbronn while in a Engineer unit.

I would like to visit Russian and other parts of Eastern Europe like Poland and the Czech Republic.

Rick

Hi Rick, :)
You've got the right idea.
Visit Romania when we can. We have Latin temperament and manners.  :top:

I have been to Russia , Moscow, St peter and tver oblast like 4 years ago it was life changing experience cant wait to visit again.
:)

I want to visit Moscow

Even I too interested in visiting Black sea

aryavrat wrote:

Even I too interested in visiting Black sea

OK, OK, what holds you back?  :o

What number is that on your list?  :/

Hello Sir,

from childhood i have heard this name so interested to visit...but no numbers if i get a chance i will go .....

Regards,
Anil

[Moderated: off topic]

ya,i wanna see stalin pickled in his casket

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR