Foreign ownership company (PT. PMA) is looking for a shareholder.

Hi to all!

Foreign ownership company (PT. PMA) in Bali is looking for a shareholder, ideal for foreigner who wants to build a legal company in Indonesia but doesn't want to pay the excessive prices currently in use.

Mike, how is it that becoming a shareholder in a PMA "ideal for foreigner who wants to build a legal company in Indonesia but doesn't want to pay the excessive prices currently in use?"

Sorry, but it just doesn't work that way.

So how do you think it would work Mr. Ubudian?

Consult an attorney.  If a PMA gets sold, the PMA needs to be re-registered all over again, and the minimum investment parameters must also be met.   

Ownership of non controlling shares in a PMA here does NOT provide a foreigner with any sort of means to build a legal company in Indonesia.

Hi Mr Ubudian, you are totally right, but I'm not selling anything here, I'm just looking for a shareholder.

My company has been built before 2008, and the actual rules doesn't apply for PMA built before 2008. It means that I have the right to let a foreigner become a shareholder of my society.

Have a wonderful day Mr. Ubudian!

Mike

I strongly urge ANY foreigner considering an investment in Indonesia to consult professional legal advice through an attorney (not a notaris) and to familiarize themselves with Indonesian Investment Law.   

http://coropendekar212.wordpress.com/20 … indonesia/

While babi guling is indeed the favored provincial dish of Bali, don't get stuck buying a pig in a poke.