Going to Uniersity in Portugal

Im graduating highschool this coming year and am planning on goong to University in Portugal. Though, my Portuguese is at about a 7/10 in fluency so i want to feel a little more confident in the language, should i stay with my gradparents in Braga for a year before i start University in Lisboa? Ithink it will give me time to gain full confidence in my portuguese, get a job and save up some money, and go through the  application process. I have dual citizenship so a student visa wouldnt be needed. Is this a good plan, does anyone have any extra advice for me? Thank you so much!

Hi, presently studying in Lisbon and I dont understand Portuguese, I only speak spanish. From what you said, I think you must be quite fluent in Portuguese, so you should be fine. Lisboa is waiting for you. All the best !

Are you going to university in lisboa? What school?

The universities in Portugal all have courses for incoming students each year. They are tuned to your level based on an incoming test. I just took a month summer course in Coimbra at the Uni and know that they have courses in Feb and September as well. They are intense but get you further than any I have seen. Good luck whatever you choose...

What are you studying while in Portugal? Are your courses taught in Portuguese, do you intend on learning it?:)

Hey,

I'm studying at ISCTE Business School. My major is Economics and all my courses are taught in English. In ISCTE depending on your major, you've got options to choose courses taught in Portuguese or in English.

Oh nice! Are you entending on learning portuguese?
How long have you been and how much longer will you be in Portugal?:)

Sure, i've got learn ASAP. But right now i've been quite busy. Studies here is intense. Been here like 32 days??? Yeh..I'll be in Portugal for may be...2..3years or more.

Best.

Awesome:) do schools in Portugal have student housing or are you findin your own means of accomadation?

For my school both options are open. I think other schools should be same. But as always available space in school accommodations is always limited. You might have to research more on this, depending on the school you intend applying to, housing and accommodation policies might vary.

Im currently studying, if you want some advice inbox me
[Moderated: pls send details in private]