Long time not sign-in

I'm not new, just get back here to get more friends, information, and share many things.

If you need more information concerning guidance to live in Jakarta, and around (Jakarta-Bogor-Depok-Tangerang-Bekasi) just ask to my inbox. I'll give you as much as information I can give. I live in South Jakarta, so many info probably could be share for people or expat who live around here.

Recently, Jakarta is almost raining everyday. Sometimes it could be so windy, and particularly causing damaged to public service as electrical (PLN) last nite. A big tree was falling down to the electric main cable around Cipinang. Most of East Jakarta was suddenly dark due to damages electric installation. Cause i live in frontier between South and East, my area was dark too. Need more than 1 hour to fix the problem by PLN.

In the season, I'd like to advise you to be careful. Prepare your jacket, umbrella, and some of lighting up.

Cheers

Hello Yuli,

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX8gilqDe9g60yQzOzHtaMh85qUCtuxkO9z7eZJXVtCfTAWq5m
On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team, welcome back!!!

Hope to see you participating regularly in the forums, just remember the more you participate the larger the capacity of your inbox and outbox will become. Just an added advantage of being active.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Hi feligreen,

Your discussion has been moved to the Jakarta forum for more visibility and interaction.

Please feel free to share your experiences and knowledge with us directly on the forum for all the members to beneficiate from them. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Indonesia requires more preparation than western countries.
In England, a power cut makes the forums buzz and maybe gets on the news; well, on a slow day.
Here, it's far from uncommon.

I always take my cheap Nokia phone to bed with me; partially because it's my alarm clock but it also has a torch feature (About the only feature it has).
That's been handy more than once.

I have a couple of emergency LED battery powered lamps floating about.
Cheap and a good move. especially in rainy season.