Shifting to Jakarta - where do Indians live? which area is best?

Dear all,

Planning to shift in Indonesia...jakarta North...since we finalised Gmts school,I need few advise

Where do I stay being indian I pdrefer indian community for my kids..
Secondly ,I need all the amenities like gym,pool,supermarket etc

Please advise which area is easily for us.

Hello Vashish

Since your destination is Jakarta, please note your thread has been moved to the Jakarta forum

Henceforth when creating posts regarding information about a destination country, please create the latter in the country's forum.

Thank you :)

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

In Jakarta, you live as close to your place of work as possible.
The traffic is terrible.
Everything else is second.

Since your child is going to be in Gandhi Memorial School, it is better to put up in vicinity. There are nice apartment with full of Indians in the vicinity of school e.g Lagoon, etc. You have shops where Indian stuff is available and there is a vibrant Indian community.

Moderated by : Priscilla
Reason           : Please post your ad in the appropriate section > Housing in Jakarta

Look at the indian's club website at
indiaclubjakarta.org/

North jakarta (Sunter) is a good place for indian as we called  'little india sunter'

North jakarta (Sunter) is a good place for indian as we called  'little india sunter'

My next photo jaunt will be up there - I'm still trying to find nice, small, authentic Indian restaurants.
I really miss a mate from England - His mum and dad were Indian, and he knew all the best food. I think I'll give him a ring this evening, just to chat about some of the great meals we've had.

You can choose from Kemayoran (GMS is in front of that)....Sunter (Many indian groceries shop) 
And you can go to Ancol anytime as both areas are near by.... :)

Yes it is true

Thank you so much bt how are d houses in lagoons..hv heard rooms r small..