Ecatepec de Morelos

anyone have any info on this city?

Hi JenniferL,

Maybe you can ask more specific questions concerning your research on this city for better guidance? For example what kind of information are you looking for? ;)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

It is part of Mexico City, but I have heard that it is not a very nice place to live, never been there though.

I thought it might be better bit to ask "more specific" questions since I tried that with the neighborhoods in Mexico City question and no one answered. And it was a general question because I know nothing about te place, but after a bit more research it seems like it's like argov1 said, it's not a very nice place to live...

I lived there until  1990, it is not part of mexico city. It is another state, called mexico or estado de mexico, it borders mexico city, many people work in mexico city and live in mexico state. If you compare los angeles,ny city with ecatepec then it is a nice city. What exactly you expect to experience is another story. I grew up there until i was 21, now i live in utah.
Just go there meet people, asked questions and find a place that can satisfy your requirements.

edme wrote:

I lived there until  1990, it is not part of mexico city. It is another state, called mexico or estado de mexico, it borders mexico city, many people work in mexico city and live in mexico state. If you compare los angeles,ny city with ecatepec then it is a nice city. What exactly you expect to experience is another story. I grew up there until i was 21, now i live in utah.
Just go there meet people, asked questions and find a place that can satisfy your requirements.

On wunderground.com, the weather looks ideal, for me anyhow.  next I'm going to look it up on wikipedia.

1990 is a long time ago so I'm not going to ask the following directly.

I have a nice 2 bedroom apartment in a safe, quiet neighborhood and I pay less than 5,000MXN a month for rent utilities and food.  I can walk to most of the places I need to go.  Some shopping I need to take the bus for 3 pesos.  Taxi rides run between 20 pesos and 40pesos.  Does anyone think it possible to live that economically in Ecatepec?